The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G my car looks like a truck help!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silvercoupe97 said:
Also, it may be kind of late now, but, you can put silicone inbetween the sleeve and shock to keep it from making the clanking noises normally associated with these types of coilovers. Actually, you don't necessarily need silicone, just anything the will keep the sleeve from hitting the shock body.
Hint, if you look from the bottom of the shock up to the sleeve, you will see an open space.

where exactly can u put the silicone? can u point it out on this picture? Im about to install these and i dont want them to be noisy. Thanks

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Misterio said:
where exactly can u put the silicone? can u point it out on this picture? Im about to install these and i dont want them to be noisy. Thanks

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well, put the sleeve on the shock and from the bottom of the shock...look up the shock body and you will see an open space all the way around the shock body and sleeve. That rubber o-ring that you're holding is used to remedy the sleeve hitting the shock body but in real world use...it's useless! It just doens't have enough mass or strength to keep the sleeve from hitting the shock body. You don't have to fill the entire opening but fill it enough. You can even use cheap Wally world electrical tape if you don't want to wait for the RTV to dry.
It's worked for me for the last year and NO irritating CLANKING :thumb: .
Does that help?

Do the more expensive coilovers (like Ground Controls) have this clanking problem or just the cheaper ones? Anybody know?

GC still have the 'clanking problem'. I have had the older version GCs, used duct tape to surpress the sound. I don't know if they changed anything else in the design by now.

-BTW- the car looks cool all raised, you should drive it like that with thicker tires.

Misterio said:
How was the ride quality compared to stock? How good are the instructions?
Compared to stock...it's a stiffer ride. If you want the stock ride, then go with stock equipment or even Eibachs. If you have adjustable shocks, you can soften the ride, but just don't lower the car too much or you'll either hit the stoppers or rub the inner fender (assuming you have kept with the stock offset numbers [if on aftermarket rims]) on a softer setting.

thats why you dont buy ebay coilovers:toobad: :sosad:

*EDIT*

hey looks like it worked out for ya...maybe I was wrong about ebay coilovers?

Im still gonna stick with Teins though :p

I bought these coilovers:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Coil...037784393QQcategoryZ33586QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The box they came say they are for a 2gGS. I installed them and at the lowest setting they are higher then stock. WTF I have installed suspension on many cars before. Has anyone else had the problem I am having? Then ride is bad too. They are way to stiff and i bounce allover the place. If it helps I will post pics tomorrow.
buy the meagan racing suspension kit best way

I vote koni yellow adjustable with ground control kit.

You will be in about a grand for these parts brand new.

Lifetime warranty on koni shocks and lifetime warranty on ground control kit.

Then if you need fancy top hats you can spend another 500$ and get some aluminum ones with bearings and fancy crap, and then you have the ultimate suspension setup.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back