The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

My build and other mods done before she goes back on the road

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsmarmy777gst

10+ Year Contributor
May 5, 2009
Decatur, Illinois
This thing is already done so its too late to change anything so until next time this stuff will make do. Its my first build so maybe next time itll be even better. I did my research and tried to put together a badass build. Was i successful? Id say yes for it being a first build, whether you agree or not id like opinions. It runs and its a beast so thats good for me! :D Keep in mind i started this project in early january, and some things were already done the past summer. So here is a list of all the mods ive done:

7 bolt 4g64 block(from a galant); the typical- .20 wiseco pistons, eagle h-beam rods, acl tri-metal race bearings .0001 oil clearance, arp main and head studs. ported and polished head, BC 272 cams(dont judge), crower springs and retainers, ferrea valves and locks, ported and polished 2g intake manifold(i wont give into the 1g stuff LOL) ceramic coated headers, fidanza cam gears, balance shaft eliminator kit. replaced everything except the oil pump :ohdamn: should of done it while it was apart, but ill survive.

the thing im most excited to play with: 98/99 ecu ready to tune with ecuflash and log with evoscan :thumb: , i also have a apexi SAFC 2. also giving the 3g mas a try. i just made a 3 inch aluminum pipe to run it to the turbo.

Team Rip Stage 2 trans. ACT 2600 street disc clutch, Unorthadox racing flywheel :hmm: (it was free) OBX Diff :shhh: (im taking my chances :pray: ) if something goes bad ill get a wavetrac or quiffe next time. I went with OBX because i can guarantee that it will help my car more than hurt it, whereas the stock diff was going to bust the F*** up once it got a taste of the power.-- polyurethane motor mounts, Tokico Illmina struts and springs, ingalls camber kit, Energy suspension prothane mounts on the rear(still gonna do the front). GSX brake/caliper/rotor swap. drilled and slotted rotors all the way around. Also replaced the clutch line with a stainless steel that comes off the master cylinder.

750cc FIC injectors, FPR, Walbro 255hp.

removed the charcoal canister, clutch slave cylinder, blocked off my bad egr valve.

and just so u guys know i have a 3" thermal r&d exhaust with the turbonetics evolution wastegate mounted off the o2 (9 pound spring) i honeslty have not learned the significance of that? aem uego wideband, and of course the evo 3 big 16g and fmic. manual boost controller, but i just hooked up my hks evc. gotta learn how to set it up LOL hooking my greddy turbo timer next.

only thing im worried about is how well my knock sensor will read, hope i put it in the right hole! and i should of replaced my flex too!

bigger turbo is coming next. i got a holset hx35 on my mind with a BEP dsm turbine housing.

my goals are just to have a reliable, beastly, sexy, perfect street car with 350-450 horse.

shout out to;
Jon at Team Rip trans
Jeff at dsmchips.com
extremepsi.com
maperformance.com
votionspeed.com
roadraceengineering.com
quicksilverdiescast.com
my local machine shop and parts store
and all the ebay vendors that were a big help!
and a big thank you to all you guys on the forums! ive read many many forums just to gain knowledge and put out a good build on paper!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back