The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Motorsport-tech wheel spacers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AK Maniak

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 9, 2009
Butte, Montana
I did some searching and found a few threads of people asking about wheel spacers and it seems that everyone is directed towards Motorsport-tech. I've seen multiple people recommend those spacers as they are apparently the best ones available for DSMs. Although I have yet to see anyone who actually has first hand experience with them and I was hoping to get some feedback.

Reason I ask is because when i purchased my wheel/tire setup I wanted to avoid any possibility of them poking or rubbing so I went a bit on the conservative side and got 18x8.5 (can't remember the offset right now) wheels with only 225 tires *facepalm*.

So now i'm left with a decent looking wheel but they are a bit sunk in and are not flush with the car. I am not looking to turn my car into some "hellaflush" ride that is worthless but I'd like to eliminate the sunk in look. I plan on measuring the amount of space with some washers before purchasing the spacers but I'm guessing i'll need at least 5mm but I can't imagine needing more than 10mm. Just looking for some thoughts. Thanks in advance.

Not sure what DSM'er run for spacers--I don't plan on using them on mine unless I have caliper clearance issues but as far as the amount of thickness you'll need, it's simple; mount em up and measure the distance from the wheel/tire to the fender and you'll have your measurement. Anything longer than a 5mm (already pushing it) you'll need extended studs to accommodate for the spacer and thread count on the lugs.

Brands? H&R, Eibach and Ichiba are fairly popular to the hellaflush crowd. But also a lot of machine shops are making them and listing on eBay--anything hub centric from one of those quality shops will do fine IMO.

I use Motorsport tech's on my time trial car. Work great. What feedback are you looking for?

I use Motorsport tech's on my time trial car. Work great. What feedback are you looking for?
I was wondering whether or not anyone has run the 15mm spacers with the pressed in studs. I would like to avoid extending my lugs and if the spacers from Motorsport-tech with the pressed in lugs will work then that would be a much easier route to go. Now if it isn't safe then I am not interested.
I attached a picture of the spacers I am referring too.

I'm also looking for spacers and what size to get.
Easiest way to find out what size you need is to stack washers on your lugs and then place your wheel on there. When you are happy with the results measure the added distance.

Attachments

• design3large.jpg
    design3large.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 178
Ah, no, those I have not used. I have thinner ones that are customized but only in that they are specific thicknesses (I think 5mm and 3mm, but it might be 7/5, I can't remember) and include a hubcentric ring sized to accommodate my enkei wheels because stock hub ring doesn't stick out enough through the spacers for wheel's hubcentric adapter rings to sit on it.

Hopefully someone else can help you there.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back