The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Motor vibration with prothanes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

25psilaser

Probationary Member
Feb 25, 2005
prescott valley, Arizona
Hey guys I just installed Prothanes in my laser,and i have the balance shafts removed. I knew I would have a vibration at idle, but it has a mild vibration to 8000 rpm you can hear it vibrating the car from 3000 up when i hit boost and nothing else has changed it did not vibrate like this before.Is this normal or not.

huh?

my car vibrates pretty well (think subwoofer) under 1200 RPM and above 3k its got a decent amount of vibration getting ready to go.... but more like a tweeter.

neither are terrible to me, but some other people hate them.

You want to know if it's normal that you get more vibration with the balance shafts removed and prothane engine mounts?

Uh, yeah. It's normal.

Keep loose change to a minumum and the rattles won't be too bad.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back