The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

General More Spark More Bark, right?...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Its a gimmick, every couple of years a company comes out (Splitfire) and tries to gimmick up spark plugs with fancy ground straps, all they will do is end up causing a hot spot in these cars and cause knock, dont fall for it.

Multiple electrode stuff is a gimmick largly as @motomattx said. Splitfire, e3, twinfire etc, typically I see advanced wear or hot spots. In the case of e3 plugs I've noticed they actually hinder the flame front from starting effectively due to the ground straps shrouding the spark and electrode.

Copper plugs seem to work the best that I've see in just about every car. They don't last as long, but they're dirt cheap so..

People think this is new. If you want to read up on it visit a university engineering library and find some bosch ignition books. There are whole books just on ignition theory including weird ground strap configuration. Published in the 50s by the way.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back