The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Mitsubishi Eclipse 1997-1999

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smokeweed420

Banned Member
Dec 29, 2002
Brooklyn_New_York
Hey im think about buying a Eclipse 97 i heard alot people say they give alot of problems is this true i know they redesign and updated the Eclipse 97-99. so are the problems just with the 1995-1996 models? i seen a 97 Eclipse with about 120,000 i just wanna leave it stock i dont wanna soup it up its an automatic transmission so do you guys think this is a good buy i checked www.carfax.com and they reported no problems please reply with help!!!

i wont be driving over 60 MPH i seen a dealer selling a Eclipse 97 GS auto with 120,000 miles on it for $4,500 i just need the car to last me about 70,000 more miles i was planing to buy it and drive it down to VA which is 400 miles away to get insurance because in NYC insurance would cost more than the car is worth but i getting scared beacuse people tell me the Eclipse gives alot of problems i have to chose between a mazda 626 98 with 105,000 miles then the 97 Eclipse with 120,000 miles both are the same price i did a carfax report and both reports were clean so which car would u guys pick? im just scared the Eclipse wont make it 800 miles for my trip for insurance well heres the pic of it

Attachments

• 122.jpg
    122.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 588
I don't have a 95, but I have ridden in some. Sitting in the back is hard man. It is basically another parcel shelf or and extended trunk that helps you get lower insurance because you can say the Eclipse is a 2+2 and not a strict two seater. If your mom needs a 4-door sedanOMG you may be in trouble. If she is fun and adventurous she should like it. It is no luxury car though by far and no one in their right mind would like to ride in the backseat of any DSMcar.

I feel for you bro, I live in brooklyn too and I've been driving for 3 years, turning 21 next month and I was estimated for 6k for insurance under my name.

If you want room in the backseat, then I suggest you get the 626. They're pretty nice, my friend had a LS V6 and it was really smooth and comfortable.

BTW, where in brooklyn do you live? I'm from bensonhurst.

Originally posted by Smokeweed420
yeah im going to buy the Eclipse this weekend my mother is gonna gimme a loan to buy it and i will pay here back i just got 1 problem my mom wants to start to learn to drive so we might have to share the car if she doesnt like it. im gonna have to get the mazda 626 sedan. um this is a question for you guys with the 95 and up how are the back seats? would people have room back there? people that are around 5'9? when i drive i dont keep my seat all the why back i keep it up so will the folks in the back have room?:| ?

:confused: We have a BACK SEAT!?!?!:confused: ;)

Spyders have even smaller backseats, atleast the coupe's back seats lean back a litte, but the spyders are straight up. I usually use my backseat for storage. If i have 3 passengers and we go on a long trip, i just fold it down and the person in back can lay down in the trunk and the backseat. I've never ridden in the backseat of my car, but my friend who's 6"4 has, its pretty funny.

I am 6'4" and when I drive... I have my seat pushed back aginst the rear seat... there is NO legroom... NONE... I am going to be removing my rear seat, for weight perposes, AND so I can slide my seat farther back...

Originally posted by doodie
I feel for you bro, I live in brooklyn too and I've been driving for 3 years, turning 21 next month and I was estimated for 6k for insurance under my name.

If you want room in the backseat, then I suggest you get the 626. They're pretty nice, my friend had a LS V6 and it was really smooth and comfortable.

BTW, where in brooklyn do you live? I'm from bensonhurst.

I live in east New york Brooklyn near queens

with the back seat i noticed there was a gap in the trunk so if that gap wasnt there the back seats would have more room . when i go to check out the Eclipse im gonna sit back there if i feel comfortable i'll buy it but i wont be going on long trips with people just to drop them home. here is a picture of the gap in the trunk im talking about

Attachments

• i-3.jpg
    i-3.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 97
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back