The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Missing Charcoal vaccum hose?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coloradotuner

Proven Member
May 20, 2013
Schererville, Indiana
Please take a look at the 2 attached pictures, There is a hose that runs from a unknown solenoid (just left of the purge) under the battery tray i drew in (yellow and red), and my finger points to this unknown hose where it pops out . looks like it should be connected to something.. maybe the charcoal canister. Which has no hoses connected either,

Any explanation would be great, what am I looking at?

thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20190510_144734.jpg
    20190510_144734.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 79
  • 20190513_125828.jpg
    20190513_125828.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
I believe the "solenoid" you're looking at is actually the purge valve, but I cannot tell where the line goes to just from the pic, perhaps check valve before the canister? It looks like the check valve has a 90* nipple on it based on this diagram.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

So in the picture you posted of the diagram shows (to EVAP emission canister) from the small check valve you are referring to. So what nipple do I plug the hose into from my fist picture?? Air (left) or Tank (right)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back