The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Mild rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

white92talontsi

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 12, 2003
Fayetteville, North_Carolina
Looking to get a spare motor for out of a 90 talon that N/T. I was planning to build the engine and Have it ready for when my motor gets tired.

Since its a N/T 4g63 that I will be using to build I know I will have to change the internals. Here is the parts list that I plan to use

Pistons-- ROSS RACING FORGED PISTONS & RINGS | 4G63 | 90-99 DSM

For the Rods I am still not 100% sure. The most I ever plan to go with this car as far as boost is I may run a HX35 Later down the Road. Currently I am Running a E316G. I dont plan to make anymore than 350-400hp But Here is my Rod selection

STM: EAGLE 4G63 RODS | EVO VIII-IX | 90-99 DSM

or

STM: CARRILLO RODS | 4G63 | 90-99 DSM | EVO VIII-IX

Now as far as the Crank, Assuming that my current 4G63 In the car stays together by the time I build the other motor then I was planning on Using the stock crank.

I am leaning more towards the Ross/Carillo combo. Eagle seems to be decent stuff but I want a little more headroom just in case I decide to take the power further.

Let me know what you guys think.

IMO carillo rods are a little over kill for 350-400 hp, even if u decide to take it to 500hp eagles will hold up just fine. Their good for 600hp and im sure people have taken it even further with a good tune. Im using eagles and my hp golas are 550 on a strait track car. Spend ## money elsewhere and just pay the 300 for the eagles. Thats jmo

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back