1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Meth Injection mpg

Posted by kinda-stock, Oct 6, 2016

Please Support Feal Suspension
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. kinda-stock

kinda-stock Proven Member

Joined Jun 4, 2016
    jefferson, Louisiana
    seriously considering going meth injection on my streetbuild 35r talon Tsi. Question is, how long will that 1 gallon of water meth mix last? Not much talk on Meth injection here. I have an extra 5gallon fuel cell considering on using for my Meth/water container. On average how often are you guys refilling your meth injection bottle?

2. 2gjlc

2gjlc Proven Member

Joined Dec 12, 2008
    29 Palms, California
    I run a Snow Performance stage 2 kit with a 625cc nozzle that has a 3 quart reservoir. It activates at about 10 psi and is full on at 19 psi. It lasts me about almost 2 full tanks but the biggest determining factor is how much time you spend above the activation point. When I was taking my car to the track I could go through half the meth tank in about 6 passes.

Street Build 2K  10

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    12.109 @ 115.36 · 2G DSM
  3. 1990TSIAWDTALON

1990TSIAWDTALON Moderator

Joined Nov 14, 2013
    Independence, Kansas
    All depends on how much you drive in boost and where you have the controller set to come on at. I can empty my 1 gallon reserve pretty fast (hours, not days) if I horse around too much. I always keep a extra gallon of Boost Juice in the trunk and a couple of bottles of HEAT to add to it for more Meth. It has been quite a while since I had to use it since I run E85, but when I was on gas it could last a week or a day.
    Mine is a AEM setup and a 1000cc nozzle so it will go through it pretty quick.

Street Build 4K  28

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · automatic · 1G DSM

683  14

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 1G DSM

511  18

1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS
    rwd · automatic · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 716  7

1998 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 5K  11  25

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    13.620 @ 108.460 · 1G DSM
  4. kinda-stock

Joined Jun 4, 2016
    jefferson, Louisiana
    yeah this will be my DD, spirited driving occasionally but not canyon runs. Maybe a silly question, but if the water meth mix sits too long, will the mix seperate? I mean if you use 3 quarts in 2 fill ups...5 gallons would last a month or longer potentiinally

5. kinda-stock

Joined Jun 4, 2016
    jefferson, Louisiana
    will be using gas, the E85 pump is a 1.5 hours away from me. No bueno. Will water/ windshield washer fluid mix get the job done?

6. 2gjlc

2gjlc Proven Member

Joined Dec 12, 2008
    29 Palms, California
    Meth does have a tendency to evaporate. If you ever spill any you will see it evaporates within a few seconds. I would think that you would end up with more water and less meth but I don't have anything to prove this.

Street Build 2K  10

12.109 @ 115.36 · 2G DSM
  7. 2gjlc

2gjlc Proven Member

Joined Dec 12, 2008
    29 Palms, California

Street Build 2K  10

12.109 @ 115.36 · 2G DSM