The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Megasquirt fuel tuning help needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b00stedtalon2

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 19, 2005
Detroit, Michigan
Ok so I'm currently trying to tune my car for the FIC1000's.

Car currently has MS2 Extra. I had it running perfect on the 450cc tune which I have been driving on for some time now.

From last season I had a awesome PTE 880cc tune that I started tuning on for the 1000's. On the MSQ, the REQ fuel value was 5 for the 880s. I compensated and did the math for the new req fuel value for the 1000's which came to 4.3.

It fired right up but idled a bit rough. Car drives pretty rough almost like a subaru up to redline. I did some logging and driving around for some good data. After the log I threw it in mega log viewer which auto tunes the VE to the target AFR and corrects the VE table values for it to have a good smooth AFR. (I've always done this in the past and worked excellent).

Burnt the new MSQ with the new edited VE table and it still runs like crap. The "EAE Fuel Correction 1" gauge displayed in my megatune isn't showing anything either.

Any suggestions?

I'm no expert on the MS, but when I use the Required Fuel calculator for 1000cc injectors I get 3.3, not 4.3 using 1997cc displacement, 1000cc injecotrs, and 14.7 for gasoline stoichmetric. Are you using some other means of calculating? Do you have a log or MSQ I can look at that you ran through logviewer?

I would make sure that something hasn't changed, it might not be the map but a fuel filter, dirty injector, fdilter clogged ...etc..etc. Now if you're AFR's are right and you're timing isn't too whacked you shoudl be fine Oh and you'll need a good TPS (and a good narrow band 02 as well for closed loop)

But if you're making large changes and still can't get the restuls you want than it's most likely a component other than the ECU, Ajax above is a good source of MS info, I just tune them, couldn't build one to save me as i haven't even done it.

i agree like everyone said make sure your getting good fuel pressure and none of your filters are clogged. Also if injectors are the only thing that changed then your VE table should just work with the new required fuel .....worst case you can try scaling the table down or up a notch and use megalog viewer to get it all back on track but i've changed injectors and even fuels (e85 and 93 octane) with just a change in my req_fuel value

Boosted I would hate to let you down but my car has been down for over a year so I forgot most of the MS stuff but Velocita is really good at it aswell. Did you try installing the old injectors again? To see if its something with the injectors? Are the ones you bought new or use? I know I am asking the obvious questions but sometimes those are the easiest fixes.

ajax has a very good point install your old setup and load a good known working tune and test. That will let u know where to start looking. I've done 3 Megasquirts recently including my DSM, a friends DSM and an RX7. Check your basics getting solid fuel and spark then check your timing and go from there and if your old setup works fine u know u gotta call your injector company.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back