The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

megan cat back exhaust

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rstare

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 9, 2008
Winthrop Harbor, Illinois
I have a 420a motor and plan on going turbo this winter, but for the mean time i would still like to do some small add ons. Im looking into a cat back exhaust but i want to get one that i wont have to change when i put the turbo in so i figure i should go with a 3 inch cat back.
I have found a 3 inch for the gst, which i believe will mount up from what i have read it just goes under the rear control arm instead of over it like in the stock exhaust for the eclipse gs. its the megan racing turbo type but for the 3 inch system it says Requires 3" Flat-Flange, so it got me thinking do all of the bolt on 3 inch systems require this? am i better off getting a high flow cat as well when i swap out the exhaust, i would just like some input.
(first post)
thanks,
ryan

first if you care about noise/sound of your car, go to google and listen to the sound of each exhaust made out there. next I am sure the gst exhaust is as you said. But you wouldn't have any problem with a 2.5" exhaust because you wount have to worry about the diamiter untill you get in the upper 400's. But, yes when you have a turbo bigger is better. I do not think the hole 3" exhaust requires the flat-flange. Oh and yes if you don't have smog laws then a test pipe or high flow cat is a smart way to go.. hope that helps

I have a 420a motor and plan on going turbo this winter, but for the mean time i would still like to do some small add ons. Im looking into a cat back exhaust but i want to get one that i wont have to change when i put the turbo in so i figure i should go with a 3 inch cat back.
I have found a 3 inch for the gst, which i believe will mount up from what i have read it just goes under the rear control arm instead of over it like in the stock exhaust for the eclipse gs. its the megan racing turbo type but for the 3 inch system it says Requires 3" Flat-Flange, so it got me thinking do all of the bolt on 3 inch systems require this? am i better off getting a high flow cat as well when i swap out the exhaust, i would just like some input.
(first post)
thanks,
ryan

No. My system has a neckdown to stock hook up on the midpipe end that connects to the cat. I actually don't want it to but it does. You can get it hook it up to the stock cat and then when your ready to go turbo and upgrade get the neck cut off and a 3" flange welded on that's whay I'm doing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back