The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

cat back exhaust system

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raiders420a

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 22, 2010
lacey, Washington
i was getting around to by a cat system exhaust. And i didn't want to run a catalytic converter.I seen Megan racing had a test pipe but it says it is a resonator. are they the same thing. And is Megan racing a good brand

A resonator just is like a muffler but much more high flowing and takes out more pitch(?) then volume. You can also call it a glass pack if you know what that is. It is basically a tube with holes in it then steel wool around that then another tube around it to hold it all together. Relative to a normal section of pipe it has almost the same flow characteristic. This will work perfectly for what you are looking for.

A resonator is not excactly the same as a test pipe. The resonator reduces noise. It's normally installed behind the cat converter. But yeah, what associator said

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back