The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Maynex - anybody ever heard of this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hakmak

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
Brooklyn, New_York
Here is the Article from the inventor: http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/20081112/news/news9.html

And here is a video showing this thing in action.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm seriously willing to try this. There was a Jamaican news report that aired over the weekend where the Mr. Mayne claims of getting 130 octane. I just need to know where to purchase since maynex.com is down right now.

Nope, never heard of it, but I would be a bit cautious when the test vehicle in the video is a uhh... I don't know what that is, but it has a primitive looking carbureted 4-banger in a shit-turd of a shell.:| I wouldn't put that thing on my lawn mower. :nono:

You lost me at "Jamaica", LOL.

It's a snake-oil hydrogen generator. People have been doing that for years, but there's not a single followup post about successes anywhere on the internet. The big problem is that you cannot get more energy than what is expended making it, more or less.

You lost me at "Jamaica", LOL.

It's a snake-oil hydrogen generator. People have been doing that for years, but there's not a single followup post about successes anywhere on the internet. The big problem is that you cannot get more energy than what is expended making it, more or less.

"Terrible" - You'll be amazed at what Jamaicans can do. I'll do some research and see the similarities between this and this "snake-oil hydrogen generator" that I've never heard of before. This story caught my eye not only for the gas savings but also to proclaimed 130 octane which my turbo will LOVE!!

Snake oil is just a generic term for 'fraud/fake'.

There are tons of sites out there about DIY hydrogen generators, and all sorts of claims that they work...but there isn't a shred of convincing evidence that proves it. The load on the alternator by a hydrogen generator producing USEFUL amounts of gas would negate any benefits due to the extra gasoline used to handle the extra load.

Snake oil is just a generic term for 'fraud/fake'.

There are tons of sites out there about DIY hydrogen generators, and all sorts of claims that they work...but there isn't a shred of convincing evidence that proves it. The load on the alternator by a hydrogen generator producing USEFUL amounts of gas would negate any benefits due to the extra gasoline used to handle the extra load.

Thanks for clearing that up...LOL. Yea I read a comment somewhere that stated, this would only be beneficial if there was a second battery powering the generator.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back