The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Max Hp with stock internals

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIXIA

Probationary Member
Jan 21, 2008
BUENOS AIRES, South_America
Hi first of all I want to say thanks for the AFPR advice the car runs great !!!!, yesterday I went to a dyno and make 262 whp with 17 psi on pump gas and just for be careful I stop there (in addition was a hot day), nice curve 16-18 timing advance no knock 11.3-11.5 on my wideband:)
The question is how much psi (on a Big 16 evo) can I run with a 7 bolts with stock internal or how much HP con hold the stock 4G63 without open it Can I push it to 23 psi? I read that the 4g63 hold 450 hp really can?

My setup
Safc
Abcr
Supra side IC (both customs 2.5 pipes)
injectors 580 cc
aeromotive AFPR 1;1
Walbro 255
Big 16 evo
Custom 2.5 complete exhaust

I will appreciate any advice

4g63 blocks can handle more than 450hp with a good tune. But general rule is about 400, but like I said there has been alot of cases with more than that. Im running 24 psi on a evo III and meth and my block has been fine for 10k miles(all summer).

I wouldnt push the little rods in the 2g's much past 400whp (unless you just want to rebuild it). I know they will take more but at that point you are playing russian roullett(sp?).

PS: this has been answered atleast once a week since this site has been around :)

It is capable! Watch you injector duty% as you may be pushing it pretty close with the 580cc at 23psi

You're not gonna break your motor from too much power with a 16g. I made 476/441 torque on my stock 7 and run 25psi daily now for the past 2 years (or as long as ive had this turbo)
The suck part about the stock motor is the head gasket, the lack of being able to run low timing and HIGH boost, and the lack of being able to lean it out a lot.

Great just I thought I know that was on other post but is not very clear because have cams the other pistons ....
In addition is true the 580 injectors will be on the limit at 23 psi and the lack of being able to run low timing and HIGH boost
I appreciate all yours advices

But in the case I have one more the owner of the dyno recommend me to change the exhaust from 2.5 to 3 He told mer that with the same setup and a bigger complete exhaust the gain can be up to 20 WHP What do you think about it?

Thanks Again:thumb:

As stated above, this gets covered on a regular basis, I have the record holding STOCK BOTTOM END 6 bolt, its been making well over 600awhp for the last two years.

This spring I am really going to test the limits, as ive switched turbos and gone with much larger injectors (950s run out in the lower 620's range) the goal is 700awhp without spray, alot more with. Needless to say im sure I will be finding out the limit.

With good tuning, and proper assembly ive already proven 600awhp can be reliable.

I went to 3in you can feel the difference! but when i did that I took my cat out and i creep like mad after about 5000rpm so make sure your clutch can handle it and that your wastegatevalve can handle the no restrction flow.

As stated above, this gets covered on a regular basis, I have the record holding STOCK BOTTOM END 6 bolt, its been making well over 600awhp for the last two years.

This spring I am really going to test the limits, as ive switched turbos and gone with much larger injectors (950s run out in the lower 620's range) the goal is 700awhp without spray, alot more with. Needless to say im sure I will be finding out the limit.

With good tuning, and proper assembly ive already proven 600awhp can be reliable.

Cool $hit... I wanna see that Dyno Sheet.

To the Op You should be fine as far as the block goes Once you start to Realy get up there with the Boost at least a set on Head stud would be a good Idea. Also I think IMOA that you should be looking at your IC right now not your block. O and I ran 29-32psi on a stock block myself most of all last year and I'm still driving it today. ...this is with a 6 bolt but your got plenty of room to raise your boost from the poit you are now:thumb:

With a head gasket and head studs, I'd say the block on a good tune could take 28-29 psi. But you start getting out of the effiecency ranges of the smaller turbos when you start cranking them up that high. I'm going to push my block this year with my evo III and meth injection to high 20's and see what happens.

I experimented something like that with the T25 and the 2.5’ exaust but now I think is different I have not cat and have a 38mm external wastegate recirculated Do you think I will suffer boost creep???
I cannot figure out why is the clutch included with creep:confused:, I think that ACT 2100 can handle 300 whp, I am wrong?

This is at 31 psi with a nitrous intercooler sprayer on, I can try to upload a video if you guys want.

Attachments

• 60135R.jpg
    60135R.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 951
Def. upload that video I'd love to watch that.
I heard the 7 bolts can take a little less psi than 6 bolts though.

the seven bolts have weaker bearings, thats the first thing to go 90% of the time.

the quickest et on a stock bottom end is a 9.99, but he didnt dyno over 600, the highest mph on a stock motor is 143, also didnt dyno over 600. as for the torque reading, the rpm clip on the dyno lost signal, it was 500ftlb :-( LOL

all this was through a 2-1/4 inlet downpipe!! and a gt35r on 950's

I have since changed to a new turbo, new injectors and built a custom downpipe/o2 housing combo.

Does that say max torque: 1000?!

That number is not right Tq drops no matter what after 5250rpm....
They must have lost the Rpm signal,When you lost the signal on the dyno your TQ numbers Will Sky rocket,just The fact that the dyno sheet has MPH not RPM gives that away, You have another with RPM?

EDIT:Guess I need to Type Faster Lol....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back