The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G Manley custom valves

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDgr97GSX

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2009
Romania, Europe
Hi guys. I need some advice with my head rebuid. I got from a guy in UK a set of Manley custom intake and exhaust valves. I knew that are 0.5mm oversized and 109.7mm total length but I did not know at that time what's the valve stem diameter, i thought is stock size, so after i got them i start measuring and i figured out the valves stem diameter is bigger then stock. The part number for the valves is 11281 and 11250 and the stem diameter is 6.96 and 7mm, with stock valves being 6.54/6.57mm.
The question now is how can i fix this? The only way i can think about si to machine the guides inner diameter to fit the valves, but i wanted to ask before i do anything. Thanks

Typically guides are knurled for clearance/tolerance and lubrication of the valve stem, so if you bore the ones you have out, might want to consider instead installing new guides with the correct sizing for the stem, or have to have the ones already in there re-knurled, and idk if many places do that nowadays.

Typically guides are knurled for clearance/tolerance and lubrication of the valve stem, so if you bore the ones you have out, might want to consider instead installing new guides with the correct sizing for the stem, or have to have the ones already in there re-knurled, and idk if many places do that nowadays.

The problem is i don't know if I can get valve guides with the inner diameter i need, i think all of them are for standard stem size. Here is what i found on manley website.

Attachments

• 20190815_171532.jpg
    20190815_171532.jpg
    471.3 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20190815-171316_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190815-171316_Drive.jpg
    422 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_20190708-190255_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20190708-190255_Samsung Internet.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 24
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back