The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Major problem with TPS or something, Help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CLeMMeR

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 10, 2011
Pottstown, Pennsylvania

Last edited:
there's a procedure to adjust the TPS, and it is a pain...
did you do the procedure from the manual?

Last edited:

Last edited:
Would a boost leak cause a misfire or my RPMs to go to 4k on start?

And I semi adjusted I didn't have a meter or anything I needed to do it, so it's kinda went with it. The cel goes away as soon as I hit the gas
Also my Engine coolant light has been on lately but only comes on at startup, once the car is driven and warmed up it goes off.
Maybe the coolant sensor is sending more fuel when it's cold out and an injector is stuck open dumping fuel possibly?? It's smells pure rich when running

*Update*

Well I'm now idling at 1200 which is fine. The Cel is still the same and coolant light is gone. So now when I stick it in drive and hit the gas the car does not go much of anywhere, wont do over 15mph, boosts to only 2lbs and the RPMs won't go past 2200

I used to have an auto that did the same thing. I swapped out torque converters and that didnt work. I buddy of mine told me it could be a planetary gear, and a shop told me it could be the pump inside the tranny. i got rid of it because either way it was a rebuild:banghead:. but to check to see if its the pump, pull off one of the lines coming from the top of the trans to the radiator and have some one turn the key over....see if anything comes out......

limp mode possibly??????

sounds like you need to make sure you have spark in all 4 cylinders. do what everyone else says also and check for boost leaks. also wouldnt hurt to check your timing and make sure its correct.

Originally Posted by CLeMMeR View Post
Would a boost leak cause a misfire or my RPMs to go to 4k on start?

And I semi adjusted I didn't have a meter or anything I needed to do it, so it's kinda went with it. The cel goes away as soon as I hit the gas
Also my Engine coolant light has been on lately but only comes on at startup, once the car is driven and warmed up it goes off.
Maybe the coolant sensor is sending more fuel when it's cold out and an injector is stuck open dumping fuel possibly?? It's smells pure rich when running

*Update*

Well I'm now idling at 1200 which is fine. The Cel is still the same and coolant light is gone. So now when I stick it in drive and hit the gas the car does not go much of anywhere, wont do over 15mph, boosts to only 2lbs and the RPMs won't go past 2200

where did this thread go and how was it resolved ? i having the same problem

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back