The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Major Antifreeze Leak!!! Front of Motor....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liger Zero

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 24, 2008
Ephrata, Pennsylvania
Hey guys. I have a 1992 Eclipse GSX. I was driving my car lastnight on the highway with no probs. I get off an exit and go to local walmart and next thing you know smoke is pouring out from under my hood and antifreeze is gushing out and running down the parking lot. I struggled it home but it kept stalling when i let off the throttle and barely idles when restarted. I went out this morning and tried adding antifreeze and all it does is pour right out the front of the motor somewhere underneath the exhaust manifold closer to the drivers side. Its raining out so its really hard for me to get a more detailed look. What can this be? My best guess and fear is the headgasket.... =( Thanks in advance!

lets hope for the best. did you drive it while hot? inspect a water line that comes from the oil filter housing. mine started to leak one time thru there like crazy. check the turbo water lines also

Ok ill be sure to check those lines when it clears up. We have a tornado warning right now. Anyways i drove it for a mile to get it home after the initial overheatong but it had about a half hour to cool before that. Would a blown headgasket let antifreeze gush out like that? It was pouring out as fast as i was adding it in

If its a huge leak its possible the o-ring between the water pump and the water pipe took a crap... thats a stretch though... My money is on the line coming from the OFH. I had the same issue.

Well I found a guys!!! It was a small hose by the alternator and oil filter that was hidden by the exhaust manifold. I'm so glad that it was something simple this time. Here is a pic of the hose that I pulled off you can see where its cracked...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well I found a guys!!! It was a small hose by the alternator and oil filter that was hidden by the exhaust manifold. I'm so glad that it was something simple this time. Here is a pic of the hose that I pulled off you can see where its cracked...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

ROFL I have a great story about this damn line on a friends car... FML LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back