The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Magnus Mechanical Fuel Pump Drive

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2GFWDbeast

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 17, 2010
kenosha, Wisconsin
I'm looking to build a drag car at least 850-900hp. Does anyone know anything about this fuel pump? Is it worth the 600.00 bucks?

I think that fuel pump is designed so that if there is malfunction or catastrophic damage the pump does not continue to spit fuel. There are people making huge power like that on dual intake pumps and intake external combo.

Most dsm's have electrical pumps and will still pump if there is a crash or damage that does not sever power. I believe it more of a safety concern, also you done need to wire a pump in with relays etc, overall might be less work since its all contained in the engine bay.

Is it worth 600, for some people it is, its really all about application and how much effort you are willing to fork out. My fuel system from the tank to FPR, with powdercoating the rail and all AN lines and a Fuel lab FPR etc cost me less than 600 (under 400). Now I am pretty sure I wont make 900 on my fuel set up (let alone the 14b I am running:) ), but I know that if I spend another 200 I could have a fuel set up for that, without having to buy a mechanical pump, and thats 600 for the just the pump.

no offense, but I think you're getting in a bit over your head.

Thanks for the awesome help man:thumb:

I think that fuel pump is designed so that if there is malfunction or catastrophic damage the pump does not continue to spit fuel. There are people making huge power like that on dual intake pumps and intake external combo.

Most dsm's have electrical pumps and will still pump if there is a crash or damage that does not sever power. I believe it more of a safety concern, also you done need to wire a pump in with relays etc, overall might be less work since its all contained in the engine bay.

Is it worth 600, for some people it is, its really all about application and how much effort you are willing to fork out. My fuel system from the tank to FPR, with powdercoating the rail and all AN lines and a Fuel lab FPR etc cost me less than 600 (under 400). Now I am pretty sure I wont make 900 on my fuel set up (let alone the 14b I am running:) ), but I know that if I spend another 200 I could have a fuel set up for that, without having to buy a mechanical pump, and thats 600 for the just the pump.

Thanks for the input

Last edited:
There is a guy running one in town since he had two Aeromotive pumps fail on him. It supports every bit of 900 hp. He has a low 10 second on street tires.

thanks man. I want to eliminate as many electrical things as i can. Reason being i have a old car and the wiring has been hacked up by to many people.

Hal Landry on RMDSM.org runs a mechanical pump off the cam sprocket so there are other options as well. I will try to find his pictures for you if your not a member there.

Hal Landry on RMDSM.org runs a mechanical pump off the cam sprocket so there are other options as well. I will try to find his pictures for you if your not a member there.

iv seen it ran off the cam gears. Im assuming you run your lines from tank to this pump then to the fuel rail. In that case that would seem pretty easy.

I know this is an old thread but may as well add to an existing thread versus having a gazillion threads all saying the same stuff.

I'm needing to upgrade my fuel system to support my Dsm86 turbo. My single 255 isn't gonna do it. Just wondering what all this thing comes with. Wondering what to do about the fuel pump portion of the tank since obviously you won't be using it anymore. And I'm guessing you still need a regulator and all that??? I was debating on a double pumper but a mechanical pump wouldn't be THAT much more I don't believe and I wouldn't have to worry about electrical issues or pumps failing, and no worries in case of a crash.

Not really a lot of info out there about these. Hoping someone can provide more info as to what's included and how to install it. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back