The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Maf Calibration with V3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nocardick

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2006
Akron, Ohio
Hey guys I'm a newbie to tuning and ecmlink so I just have a few questions to ask.I have Ecmlink v3 installed and am running Delphi 680's,a GM MAF with a direct cable for link..I have the global set right right for my injectors,airflowperrev sitting around .25-.26 at idle with COMBFT sitting between 0-2% at idle..I now would like to move onto cruise tuning and dialing in my maf using the maftool included in Link.Yes I've read the wiki, and watched the demo videos on their website..

My question lies in how I should drive while recording the cruise log upon which to use the mafcomp tool?I know I need my car to be at operating temp,and to start the log and let my car idle for a few minutes then go drive..Do I jump on the highway and stay at a constant speed?Is stopping and starting from red lights or stop signs a bad idea?My question is HOW do I drive and WHERE?

Second question:What am I looking for to create a good cruise tune?COMBFT?LTFT HI or LO?

You should drive around town for a while (red lights and stop signs), and then get some highway time in as well. Use the MAFComp tool after you have a long enough log with both street and highway cruising in it. Dialing the car in for closed-loop operation is not hard at all. It's when you start tuning open loop is where you have to spend some time!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back