The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

LS2 4th Gen

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In the past few weeks I have:
-Done full paint correction followed by ceramic
- full interior and exterior detail
- new battery
- swapped the heavy ass monster single disc for a monster dual disc rated at 1150 rwhp (almost done, waiting on a custom slave cylinder shim because I want to hit dead center of spec)
- degreased and serviced the rear end with Mobil 1
- did a little exhaust rework for better ground clearance (you can see where it hung low)
-rattle proofed the interior and doors
-did a couple rounds of seafoam spray and installed a catch can to clean out the oil gunk and keep it clean, can legitimately feel the difference after seafoaming and installing the catch can
image.jpg
AE6C8FDA-024D-465A-9DF4-42F3050E7E35.jpeg
583E1763-9FD2-41D8-964F-07E264D62524.jpeg
2E6612BD-3F06-495E-9B78-077E7B02AE1B.jpeg
7DAD9126-91E0-498C-93EE-0F53DCF574ED.jpeg
6DB3B465-0F16-48E9-BD7C-496320DDC9D3.jpeg
AED83439-2B4D-405D-BBB2-ABA75A499B97.jpeg
F0A442DB-1192-465A-9604-DF44C646C574.jpeg
07E98608-4A97-4981-8E0D-4C1CE2346428.jpeg
F67C42BA-F4E8-46E1-B1AA-39E7C926ECC2.jpeg
097C70E4-F95C-4AA8-8DAF-2FEA28FF4C78.jpeg
44EABA83-719D-491E-A6EB-BADB927C0587.jpeg

I came here expecting a V8-swapped RWD 4th gen Eclipse and while I am slightly disappointed, this is pretty cool!

A 4th gen Camaro/Firebird was originally at the top of my list for a first car.

We keep a few Camaro's around the place also. Good ole F bodies! Nice job of detailing!
My son picked up an "X" body yesterday for his Turbo LS build. I posted a picure of it over on one of my car threads.

Looks great! Do you do your own paint correction and ceramic work? That’s a craft I would like to learn soon, I just paid a fortune to have my wife’s car detailed last November.
Yup. Just a cheap ebay dual action and the standard mcguires cutting compound and polish. I go slowly and just get it better bit by bit because my paint/body skills are not sufficient to correct any burn through. I have to do it in my ultra cramped garage because the barn doesn’t have running water so I just pop in the headphones, queue up a Dead show or a podcast and chip away at it. Took 3 10-12 hour days to get the finish I was looking for but now the car is super easy to wash and stays clean a lot longer.

We keep a few Camaro's around the place also. Good ole F bodies! Nice job of detailing!
My son picked up an "X" body yesterday for his Turbo LS build. I posted a picure of it over on one of my car threads.
Oooooh yeah that’s a fun swap! Over the course of the past two days I’ve had three requests to do ls swaps as a cash side job. People want it but don’t have the time or space, your son could have a great little side business with your guys’ knowledge and workspace!

I came here expecting a V8-swapped RWD 4th gen Eclipse and while I am slightly disappointed, this is pretty cool!

A 4th gen Camaro/Firebird was originally at the top of my list for a first car.
I want to say I’ve seen one online. Or maybe it was the Ls genesis coupe that was floating around cars and bids for a while that I’m thinking of. Sorry to disappoint, this is a bit more pedestrian. But it runs and drives like factory. Super smooth and balanced. Maybe the next one will be something wild. I’ve had my eyes on Geo trackers with that seafoam green or crazy magenta color and wild vinyl graphics lately. Or an early body lumina apv/trans sport/silhouette...

I’ve had my eyes on Geo trackers with that seafoam green or crazy magenta color and wild vinyl graphics lately.
Sidekick/Tracker (two door soft top ONLY) were at the top of my husband's list before we settled on importing another Jimny from Japan. The unibody Sidekick with better road manners would have been a better fit for him, but he wanted the smaller size of the Jimny plus he was SUPER nostalgic for the first one that I imported for him years ago.

Our Jimny is plain white and we're going to paint it, but I absolutely require some tacky 90s side graphics on it. We'll have to see what matches the greens that he's picking out.
1684164891067.png

Sidekick/Tracker (two door soft top ONLY) were at the top of my husband's list before we settled on importing another Jimny from Japan. The unibody Sidekick with better road manners would have been a better fit for him, but he wanted the smaller size of the Jimny plus he was SUPER nostalgic for the first one that I imported for him years ago.

Our Jimny is plain white and we're going to paint it, but I absolutely require some tacky 90s side graphics on it. We'll have to see what matches the greens that he's picking out.
View attachment 695910
Ok please, please update me on tacky 90s side graphics. I‘ve been looking for a long time and am having a surprisingly hard time finding any

I’m in, I need some of those styrofoam cup graphics!
I used the cup graphic to make custom badges for the teal camaro! Lol
6595BBD4-C1A8-4AD9-9A04-C384A42FCC38.jpeg
65561406-0338-4F1D-B657-CAD00891158F.jpeg

Like it’s a teal t-top third gen. There is no vehicle more appropriate for this kind of thing. Besides a geo tracker...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back