The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink log advice on water/meth runs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXftw

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 16, 2009
Medford, Oregon
I hit the track for the first time this year with a lot of new mods, water/meth is one of those mods Ive been tuning. What I did was get a good baseline pull w/o the injection, then when the injection started coming in and richening it up I just started leaning it back out with the AUX fuel global adjustments, and the timing I was able to work up a couple degrees above the baseline. So now where should I go from here to get some more power and dial it all in? It was my understanding the Wideband is somewhat 'fooled' with the injection (unless reading in lambda) so I havent done any VE adjustments yet since Im not wanting to get too far off from my baseline pull, but if its still accurate I obviously need to lean out the high RPMs a little more cause Im sure its costing me power. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• log.2013.04.06-08.elg
    40.1 KB · Views: 52
Your O2 sensor is calibrated for gasoline so it doesn't matter what fuel you run, as long as you keep reading it off the gasoline scale. I run e85 with w/m injection and my afr's are just the same as they would've been with 93 oct.

I'm too lazy to open up Link to look at your log but in a nutshell, get your AFR's right than use the water/meth inj. to get the kind of AIT's or boost number that you want to run than adjust timing to that (remember that there is such a thing as too low of an ait's). Or adjust timing than boost to match it, personally i prefer less timing but it is just a preferance and everyone is going to have their own opinion.

Don't forget to setup some sort of fail safe! Good luck making more powar

Edit:

Also wanted to give you heads up incase you are using quick connect/disconnect fittings. When changing nozzles around or what not that makes the tubing more prone to popping off at high pressure. I've had one line in particular that keept popping off and making me run lean until i figured out that the nylon line was too worn out to let the fitting grab onto it properly. Point being, if you know you've been chaning things around and might have some worn out nylon lines, make sure you cut the ends off with a razer. Also, thank god for lean protection :)

Your O2 sensor is calibrated for gasoline so it doesn't matter what fuel you run, as long as you keep reading it off the gasoline scale. I run e85 with w/m injection and my afr's are just the same as they would've been with 93 oct.

I'm too lazy to open up Link to look at your log but in a nutshell, get your AFR's right than use the water/meth inj. to get the kind of AIT's or boost number that you want to run than adjust timing to that (remember that there is such a thing as too low of an ait's). Or adjust timing than boost to match it, personally i prefer less timing but it is just a preferance and everyone is going to have their own opinion.

Don't forget to setup some sort of fail safe! Good luck making more powar

Edit:

Also wanted to give you heads up incase you are using quick connect/disconnect fittings. When changing nozzles around or what not that makes the tubing more prone to popping off at high pressure. I've had one line in particular that keept popping off and making me run lean until i figured out that the nylon line was too worn out to let the fitting grab onto it properly. Point being, if you know you've been chaning things around and might have some worn out nylon lines, make sure you cut the ends off with a razer. Also, thank god for lean protection :)

Thanks for the reply. Any info on something specific to this log though? Is this how the timing curve should look and is this an ok target AFR? Its about 4 more degrees timing than pump gas and Im normally 11:1
Heres a new log I just took, I tried upping some boost but I need a stiffer wastegate spring its getting blown open, but the AFR is comin around

Attachments

• log.2013.04.11-03.elg
    33.5 KB · Views: 43
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back