The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

lean or rich?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenuwine4g63

10+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2009
Charlotte, North_Carolina
I just finished my setup on my 1g. Tdo5h 20g 550s 2g maf and fmic....the car has bogs in it when out of boost normal driving. As soon as I press the gas pedal the car bogs but picks up slowly. when boost arrives the car goes and drives normal anything out of boost and the car hesitates..if anyone has any experience in this please chime in

Video, how is it tuned a 2g maf and those injectors are a close fit, but a logger would really help out in that department.

I'd guess Lean. Mine never really bogs running rich, only when/if it runs lean.

Hard to say without logger or wideband.

Its not tuned.....Im trying to understand if the 2nd gen maf flow that much more I know it flows more but from my understanding it should run normal so to say. In boost its fine no bogging nothing but normal driving it drives a little ruf car sounds like a tractor too

Do a boost leak test. You will be more likely to bog from running rich than lean unless it is extremely lean. The engine will run good lean, but not rich.

I believe I may have a few boost leaks...its dark out so I can't check and or get a video.
I will do a leak test tomorrow. I also agree with rich because the car will pull extreme timing and won't move when it hits boost if it's that lean...ill hit the gas and it'll bog down then shoot up like a delay...

Also I don't know if this matters but my maf is upside down meaning I have it turned upside down because of the intercooler piping. Would that change how it measures the air?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back