The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Knock sensor rewire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zufelt

Proven Member
Oct 15, 2012
Lemoore, California
Hey what's up guys, been awhile. I am currently rewiring my knock sensor, and have a few questions. From my understanding the white wire (from the female side of the knock sensor pigtail, by the intake) goes to pin 78, while the black wire goes to ground. Does there need to be a specific place this grounds to? I understand all wires need to be shielded. Is the above all I need to wire the knock sensor properly? Thanks in advance guys. The harness is a 99 GSX Manual

on the 1g it ties into a sensor ground "hub" if you will, where a bunch of other sensors ground. and the stranded braided part ties into the stranded braids from the o2 sensor.

not sure how much that helps with a 2g harness.

Thanks for the reply! I actually have some bare stranded wires that are shielded by the pin. I'll be sure to ground it there, as it was there originally. It's such a hacking under here I just wasn't sure. As for the White wire, on the female site that, it goes from that pigtail to pin 76 correct, or am I missing a plug in?
on the 1g it ties into a sensor ground "hub" if you will, where a bunch of other sensors ground. and the stranded braided part ties into the stranded braids from the o2 sensor.

not sure how much that helps with a 2g harness.
!

The 97-99 ECB looks like it says pin 78 on B-56, and it grounds with a bunch of other things where the ground tab goes to the firewall in the engine bay near the wiper motor, and also behind the radio (which must be the braided ground).

Hopefully a 2g guru can chime in...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks again for the reply, pin 78 should be where the knock sensor gets it's power from, and if I'm not mistaken the ground is the braided wire coming from the three green shielded covers. Which are tied to a hub like you were stating. If this is correct I should be able to ground it to the braided wire again, and rerun a shielded wire from the female pigtail (by the intake mani that plugs into the knock sensor) to pin 78 an I should be set to go. Unless it goes to somewhere else after the plug at the intake mani.

From what I'm reading here, the white goes from the knock sensor, to the plug by the intake mani, through the firewall and to pin 76. The black does the same, except it ties in with the ECU ground (the braided wires I saw)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back