The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

knock sensor plug location

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3BarDSM

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 6, 2006
olive branch, Mississippi
Alright my car was throwing a code for the knock sensor, I found it but its not even plugged in. The wire is like four inches long and will not reach anything towards the firewall in the slightest. Anyone have a pic or at least maybe it missing a piece of the connector? Also, my car is a n/t to turbo swap, and im not sure if they used a complete harness, nothing looks hacked up or anything, but I was worried it wouldnt have anything for the knock sensor to not plug into. I mean mean why drop the engine in and the only thing you dont hook up is the knock sensor?

Thanks for any/all help

Sorry but Im not sure what to check for, for a wire splice in somewhere because it didnt have one to begin with? The ecu end hasnt been touched or anything added to it.

Sorry I should have said its running on a turbo ecu. That being said, if this is a N/A harness then when plugged in pin nine will not have anything in it correct.

Well, Ive got my after school activity planned.

alright well there is something there, so I guess I just have the track the mofo down.

When you say its a N/T to turbo swap what exactly did you swap, is it a 4g63t swapped engine or did you put a turbo on your N/T motor? The N/T blocks don't have a spot to put a knock sensor, if your throwing a knock sensor CEL wouldn't the ECU have to be a turbo ECU?

:dsm:

Well, there is two dumbasses in this situation, the first, the person who did the swap for not plugging it in. The second, me for not looking at a strip of electrical tape that was wrapped around the other end of the plug and stuck to the harness. Well thanks anyway steve.

Well, there is two dumbasses in this situation, the first, the person who did the swap for not plugging it in. The second, me for not looking at a strip of electrical tape that was wrapped around the other end of the plug and stuck to the harness. Well thanks anyway steve.
If its a N/T block you won't be able to use the knock sensor as there are no threads to screw it into. Thats more than likely why the previous owner had it taped to the harness...

:dsm:

Its a turbo 6bolt block, nothing was tapped or added or anything of the sort, it simply was wrapped up in some tape. Although, that being said, it is still throwing a code for it. So Ill replace it and go from there.

Okay, replaced it and still throwing code 31. Any ideas in the crowd?

Did you replace the entire knock sensor or the plug or what? I read you mention nothing was plugged into slot 9 on the turbo ecu which is the knock sensor wire port. By just replacing it and not pluggin it in to th ecu will cause that obvi. Not trying to be harsh but that seema logical to me

alright well there is something there, so I guess I just have the track the mofo down.

I said there is a wire there, then I found the plug. I replaced the entire thing with a new unit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back