1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Kinda quiet in here

Posted by Tsmith, Sep 28, 2012

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing
  1. Tsmith

Tsmith Proven Member

Joined Jan 23, 2010
    Colo Springs, Colorado
    Seems kinda slow in this forum. Is there a big DSM following in Louisiana? Maybe another website everyone uses?

374  3

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  2. AlwaysDTF

AlwaysDTF Proven Member

Joined Sep 9, 2012
    Prattville, Alabama
    i'm thinking you're sh** out of luck mate. i'm in Alabama & the dsm scene is NOTHING. everyone around here drive honda's or 240's. damn shame.

224  0

1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    · 1G DSM
  3. Tsmith

Tsmith Proven Member

Joined Jan 23, 2010
    Colo Springs, Colorado
    Well that sucks. There is a pretty good DSM scene in Colorado. Oh well we will just have to make one.

374  3

awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  4. meat

meat Probationary Member

Joined Oct 13, 2010
    morgan city, Alabama
    Yea I just moved to cut off it woulld be nice if there was something going on down here or someone had some 1st gen dsm parts LOL

5. obsidian

obsidian Proven Member

Joined Jun 25, 2007
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    I'm in Nola now. There are more of us than you think. I have 4 DSM buddies in the area.

1g that is going through a complete rebuild thank to a balance shaft bearing.
    1g that is pushing closer to 550hp.
    1g mine that is pushing 350-400hp.
    2g with some stuff
    2g that is the fastest fwd record holder for mobile raceway
    2g that is running 11s

Last two are the same owner.

395  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  6. Tsmith

Tsmith Proven Member

Joined Jan 23, 2010
    Colo Springs, Colorado
    Nice, I recently bought my GSX from a kid that had no idea about cars. Aparently the people he got it from did most of the work to it. Its very rough right now but looking into fixing it up. only performance mods are a Greddy BOV, FMIC, E316G, and a 3" exhaust including downpipe. I am hoping to redo everything but I might look into getting a different GSX to start on. This car is automatic and needs some work so might be looking into a manual before I start actually putting money into it.

374  3

awd · automatic · 2G DSM
  7. KuckFatrina

KuckFatrina Proven Member

Joined Sep 18, 2011
    Mandeville, Louisiana
    That would be me.

2K  0

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 1G DSM
  8. Ernie D

Ernie D Proven Member

Joined Aug 25, 2012
    Westlake, Louisiana
    There's not too many of us down in this area, They have a few DSMs around here but try and talk to them and alot of them are wanna be ricers and trying to be fast n furious. When I see that alot of them basically don't know sh** I walk away

9. OutKastGSX

OutKastGSX Proven Member

Joined Aug 4, 2012
    St. Amant, Louisiana
    Just like to let u guys know my buddy and i have recently acquired a site for dsmers. we just got it a few days ago so it is in progress but please check it out and give us feedback we would like to make this a place everyone will know about since it seems to be hard to find fellow dsmers around here.

Gulf Coast DSM • Index page

Please give feedback and spread the word, thanks.