The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Just Picked Up A Shell

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM_IKE

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 9, 2010
PG, Utah
Just picked up a 91 tsi awd shell the other day, body is in excellent condition with all black interior. I will be in the next month transplanting the heart and guts from my 90 to the 91 as since the 90 was in a front end accident and the front frame is pretty messed up.

When I get ready to swap everything I will be replacing the timing belt and components, crankshaft seal, oil pump, all gaskets, clutch kit, flywheel, cv axles. Here's some pics of the shell I got.

I will be posting a build thread when it comes time to swap everything.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

THAT'S IT???? I should have started with a rolling shell. I am really wanting a 1g soon, it has less rust than my newer 2g! Very good buy and I would love to see her running again.

Yea, not bad considering I pretty much have everything to do the swap already to go, I just need the clutch kit. I've seen shells as clean as this one go for at least 5-6 at the cheaper side.

My buddy almost picked that shell up right before you did. Looks like you got your work cut out for you.

Ive got one at my house that you can borrow.

Omar must have forgotten that I have one. Hes probably seen it set up in my garage enough times. Maybe the only time you saw it was when we dropped the engine in the RX-7.

EDIT: my phone got something spilled on it so its currently in K.I.A. status. Youll have to drop by one of these days so you know where I live to pick it up once you need it. Im done with the hoist and engine stand for a bit.

Ive got one at my house that you can borrow.

Omar must have forgotten that I have one. Hes probably seen it set up in my garage enough times. Maybe the only time you saw it was when we dropped the engine in the RX-7.

EDIT: my phone got something spilled on it so its currently in K.I.A. status. Youll have to drop by one of these days so you know where I live to pick it up once you need it. Im done with the hoist and engine stand for a bit.

PM me your address J and when I could come over after 3.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back