The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Issues with coolant temp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1badpurple

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 15, 2010
lillian, Alabama
I'm posting this in the newbie forum because I'm sure its a newbie mistake. I'm showing temps of 240 in link as well as my gauge is reading a little warm.

But I'm also not boiling the coolant and motor doesn't appear or feel like its running any hotter. So I'm suspecting the coolant temp sensor.

Just for general info, all the hoses are new. New thermostat. New waterpump. And about 3000 miles on a mitsu composite hg. Im also using arp studs. Any ideas what It might be? This issue just arrised within the last couple of days. I have no idea how old the sensor is.

Sounds like the Coolant Temp Sensor. Also you may want to consider replacing the pressure cap if you haven't. I try to replace it at about every 12 months.

Ha, what an easy fix!

Just curious, what rad cap were/are you using? I have an AutoZone one I'm suspecting is bad and now thinking I should get a higher quality one!

OEM is always best. I know when I tried parts store ones it took 4 to find one that worked correctly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back