The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved Is this clutch and pressure plate saveable? Less than 2k miles on SBC

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Depth micrometer works just fine, otherwise a straight edge bar with dial indicator works just fine too (zero'ing out at step, then dropping to friction surface like RRE has in their old post - https://www.roadraceengineering.com/clutchandflywheeltech.htm ).
Thanks. I meant a standard, non-depth micrometer, like this one:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I don't see how that's possible given that each part's back side is at different heights.

Like this, a dial indicator.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Not seeing the image but I know what a dial indicator is and have one. It's just that someone above said to use a micrometer, which I took to mean a standard one such as the one I showed above, which I don't think could work.

Don't you need a dial indicator to measure step, not a micrometer?
Not just any micrometer. A depth micrometer. If you haven't seen one they are built differently than a micrometer to measure thickness. Also as stated a dial indicator works well also. What doesn't work well is calipers.

Yep, what I thought. I looked up DM and saw what it looks like. Makes sense, having its own built-in benchmark straight edge or whatever you call it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back