The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Is the radio making my eclipse not start?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420aboi123

Proven Member
Feb 9, 2019
North East, Maryland
so I’ve been trying to get my car started for a while. It’s definitely having electrical issues. I just heard someone say that these cars need the factory radio to start. Is this true? Because my radio was stolen before I got the car. Could this be the problem? Please help this is my first car.

So when you try to start the car, you hear a click and the motor never spins? Do you lose power to everything when this happens? Make sure you have a charged battery first. Check and clean both battery connections. Check and clean the battery connection on the starter. Check and clean all engine grounds. It sounds like the starter is not getting enough power.

+1 on cleaning connections. Also, your battery could have 12volts and virtually no cranking amps. You should get it charged/tested at your local parts store. Once you know you have a good battery and clean connections, we can dig deeper if that wasnt the problem.

Agreed. Check connections at battery and starter, make sure the ground going from the starter bolt in the bell-housing has a good clean connection, and the power/solenoid wiring is clean and not compromised.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back