The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Intermediate shaft bearing replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mine was completely destroyed and being on a budget I didn't feel like paying $50-80 for a bearing and some seals.

The bearing is 30x62x16mm. It is also referred to as a 6062 bearing in the industry. I found it for under $5 shipped on ebay as some ATV part.
6062 bearing | eBay
The seal is 42x56x7mm. $4 something shipped from rockauto. Also available from Advance for $4 + shipping.
Advance and rockauto part# "42x56x7"

The old bearing comes out towards the transmission. There are no clips holding it in. The new bearing goes in the same way. Freezing it helped. The shaft is pressed into the bearing next.

Since the bearing is self contained, the seal is not necessary. On a track car it is even less necessary. Its only job is to keep dirt out of the splines.
The bore for the seal is 56.3mm, but no seals exist for that size so it's a loose fit, and rtv is used to keep it in. The seal is installed on the side closer to the wheel.

Before installing the cv be sure to lube up the sealing surface.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 1,298
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 1,231
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,176
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 1,200
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,168
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 1,884
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,314
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,463
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back