The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Intake Manifold, Turbo Manifold

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blboettcher89

Probationary Member
Mar 22, 2007
Hilbert, Wisconsin
I am looking into buying a turbo, and intake manifold for my 6-Bolt motor in my 2nd gen. eclipse. I already did a motor swap, and i am running a fully built motor. Now i am looking into getting both of these parts. My question is where can i get these parts? Also what should i be looking for? And what brands are good brands? If you know please help, thank you so much.

I am looking into buying a turbo, and intake manifold for my 6-Bolt motor in my 2nd gen. eclipse. I already did a motor swap, and i am running a fully built motor. Now i am looking into getting both of these parts. My question is where can i get these parts? Also what should i be looking for? And what brands are good brands? If you know please help, thank you so much.

I would recommend getting a JMF intake manifold. The stock exhaust mani should be fine with some porting also.

JMF is very good for intake manifolds, However i would recommend a 2g manifold with porting. The reason i would not recommend the porting on a 1g manifold is due to the manifolds cracking, and no one wants that.

You really need to state your HP and overall goals for the car. If your not shooting for high hp, then a Sheet Metal Intake Manifold (SMIM) really isn't needed, and with a smaller turbo, you'd only be hurting yourself. You'd lose some low end torque, and some spoolup. You'd gain some top end, but with a smaller turbo that falls off up top, you wouldn't gain anything.

Also, the stock exhaust manifolds have gone 10's. If your keeping with a Mitsu flanged turbo and want to upgrade, I highly recommend the FP Race exhaust manifold. Great power increases for bolt on turbos.

i am looking for about 450 hp, i have my motor fully built i wanted to take care of these two things before i slapped on the bigger turbo. where can i find JMF parts, do they have a website?

This is all stuff that has been done 40,000 times.

Your best bet is to put your charge card away for a while and lurk through the forums.

Learn from the OGs.... If you are too impatient, buy a Magnus intake a port your factory cast manifold.

Your listening, but I don't think you heard them.

And lets all be perfectly honest here... You just want the sheet metal intake look to go with the rest of your "Chrome Everything"; right.

Even though, it could very well make you slower?

No i dont care what it looks like, i want something that is good for high horsepower and something that is gonna last for me. I am not looking to buy the best looking manifold i want something good, if i wanted something that looked "cool" i would have bought one already. Y would i be taking all this time to figure out the right part if all i wanted was something chrome? I am asking about this because i want something good. Think about it

I second the ported 2G manifold. I had a tubular powder coated manifold and besides the fact that it sucked and finally cracked...I bought a 2g manifold (haven't had it installed yet) but I've done a ton of research and everyone who has the experience say it's a great choice. My engine is also built up.

No i dont care what it looks like, i want something that is good for high horsepower and something that is gonna last for me. I am not looking to buy the best looking manifold i want something good, if i wanted something that looked "cool" i would have bought one already. Y would i be taking all this time to figure out the right part if all i wanted was something chrome? I am asking about this because i want something good. Think about it

Dude, follow my advise and lurk. Unless you are talking about the bleeding edge of tech, it has all been done before and has been documented on this forum.
Have fun, good luck.

I'd like to add, when you get around to upgrading the turbo, that tubular o2 housings are also subject to cracking; only had mine for a little over a year before it cracked. Go with a ported 2g or evoIII.:talon:

i have had my DN performance exhaust manifold and Magnus SMIM for a little more than a year now and i have had no problems:thumb: and i am very happy with my choices

JMF has their 6bolt intake on sale right now, look in the vendor section. I would stick with the 2G exhaust manifold too, very inexpensive and probably the best bang for the buck.

-c4

I'd like to add, when you get around to upgrading the turbo, that tubular o2 housings are also subject to cracking; only had mine for a little over a year before it cracked. Go with a ported 2g or evoIII.:talon:

We've built over a 1000 o2 housing's over the years and have never had one crack that I'm aware of. Who's housing were you running that did?

Tim

My tubular manifold cracked...my stock 1g ported O2 housing just needs to be replaced because a new bung was tapped in and was relocated too far to allow the sensor to "correctly read" .

So I am just thinking of a new O2 housing, but an upgrade. I have made up my mind after a lot of debate, to go with the Punishment Racing one.

I can vouch for Slowboy's ported exhaust manifold. Had it on for two years it is perfect no cracks or issues. You get what you pay for!!:thumb:

We've built over a 1000 o2 housing's over the years and have never had one crack that I'm aware of. Who's housing were you running that did?

Tim

punishment makes some great quality parts. i have the full 3 inch 02/downpipe, the oly problem is getting the pan on and off isnt possible with out lowering the turbo down, but that might have been fixed by now, i really want a mitsu flange punishment tubulat manifold for my 35r next:)

Tim

I don't remeber where I got the o2 housing; it had very nice TIG welds, but cracked about an 1" and a half down and 3/4 of the way around. I would like to add that Punishment Racing is great company and I have bought parts from you guys before and have never had a problem. :talon:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back