The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Intake manifold - drilling ports

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Both of those ports are easily accessible. Because you did not choose to be creative is not my issue. We have used those ports on numerous cars with numerous setups.

The casting is not thick enough to get a quality amount of threads tapped into it. Not much different than someone trying to do the same thing with a thin walled intercooler pipe.

It doesn’t matter what I think anyway. It is your car and your choice to do as you please. If it fails then you were warned. I have been doing this for 20 years. I am not talking out of my ass for the hell of it.

I will check for leaks when I mount my turbo. That is probably 3 times thicker than a charge pipe btw.

I've been modding cars for well over 40 years, does that count for anything :idontknow:
:p :)
Tony, I don't think that spot will give you any problems. My EVO intake has 4 PLUGGED holes, one on the back of each runner, for what used to be direct port NOS I guess, from a previous owner. They are all plugged with brass plugs and I don't get any leaks out of them. Just my .02¢

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back