The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

installing 16g. got some Qs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

90 TSI FWD

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 26, 2004
Columbus, Mississippi
so um, i have this small16g that was used and it has side to side play, but i dont know if it is too much. when i lightly move it, the wheels dont touch anything, but if i push hard enough, it can touch the housings. is that normal?

i have a stock exhaust right now, but would an evo3 manifold and ported exhaust housing be pointless on the stock 1g o2 housing?

when i later upgrade the downpipe-back to 3in, should i not have any boost creep issues if the turbo is ported and has a 34mm flapper and i still have the stock o2 housing?

how restrictive would this housing hold me back?

Thanks
Chad

If you know what you're doing, you can port a stock e316 housing and not have to upgrade the flapper and get no creep. Whatever you're upgrading in your exhaust, at least make sure it is port matched, ie. there are no sharp transitions. These cause turbulence which hurts flow.

If your turbo already has the 34mm flapper, it just means you'll have a very hard time running higher boost, since your flapper will blow open sooner that it should.

it already has the 34mm flapper. i dont plan on boosting more than 14 to 15 psi. so since my turbo is ported, would it make the car run bad since i have the stock o2 housing on which isnt ported?[im talking about the wastegate exit into the o2 housing].. also, what do you guys think about the shaftplay?
Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back