The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

install aftermarket alarm that has factory arm & disarm wires

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTurboEclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 29, 2002
Bay Area, California
Hey folks. Is anyone familiar with installing aftermarket alarms that include a factory arm and disarm wire.

I'm installing this on my other GSX which does have a factory alarm built in.

OEM Alarm Arm Green/Yellow (-) Driver's kick panel
OEM Alarm Disarm Green/White, Brn/White, Brn/Blk (-) Either kick panel
Tie to ground to permanently disable the alarm

I know there are tons of wires in these locationos.. and from a few searches the disarm has been pinpointed specifically to be the Green/White. Any more details as far as location of these wires in the kick panel since there are plenty of wires in the area.

i know these wires are not necessary to be installed from the aftermarket alarm, but I don't want to face the factory alarm going off using the aftermarket alarm/keyless.

I just wanted to add to this just in case people are curious in the future.

The easiest way to find the disarm wire.. actually even the power unlock, power lock, and driver priority unlock wire (actual door lock motor), you can find it in the drivers kick panel, just slightly above where the little light is by the footwell.

Sometimes its difficult to see with the bundle of wires, but you see a big grommet with a group of wires in electric tape going into the hole. this hole actually leads to the drivers door.

Peal the tape and you will see all the wires needed.

blue/black = Driver's unlock (this is if you want to wire it up so drivers door unlocks first only. Then when you press unlock again the passenger's opens (like stock)). (- polarity)
brown = power doors UNLOCK (this will unlock all the doors) (- polarity)
brown/white = power door LOCK (this will lock all the doors) (- polarity)
green/white = factory alarm DISARM (- polarity) (there is another wire in this loom that is green/yellow, if you are working in low light, make sure you dont confuse the 2 because they may look similar.

It's very hard to work in this space, its very tight. Unbolt 2 10mm bolts that hold that bracket that the small footwell light holds and it will give you more room.

And for those who say wiring the disarm wire is not necessary. Think again, if someone decides to just lock the vehicle using the power door lock, it will ARM the stock alarm. So unless you use your key or the factory keyfob to disarm it.. if you use your aftermarket alarm keyfob to unlock the doors, it will set off the factory alarm.

RedTurboEclipse: If you're using an aftermarket alarm, you're going to be using it to arm and disarm the car, thus locking and unlocking the car. There has never been a time where I wanted to lock the car without arming the alarm.

Obviously this isn't for everyone, but for most it works just fine.

agreed. do what you want, but it's pretty useless when installing an aftermarket alarm in my opinion. if you are used to locking it manually, break the habit as people do with not leaving their cars in gear after installing a turbo timer. same idea.

I tried to hook it up in mine before I had experience in installing this and wasted a whole lot of time on it. save yourself the frustration, there's enough wires already to hook up.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back