The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Inspection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobet

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 25, 2010
Saint john, NB_Canada
Ok my eclipse is going to be getting inspected soon. But there are things I know for sure it needs and want to do myself

My front coilover sleeves and perches cracked because I don't have the bushings. (not my doing)

My setup is tokico illumina with ground control and eibach springs

Ground control agree to 20$ each replacement and 10$ for all the bushings. When I order this stuff and get it, is the install easy? (I will be getting a professional alignment during inspection)

Also around my head, I have noticed build up, and light oil leakage into my spark plugs. (this made it difficult to pop the wires out). Any advice on where I start there and how hefty the work may or may not be?

And last but not least, what else should I look for before inspection? There is no rust and no body issues. The car is super clean so I'm sure of it. And it drove nice until the crank pulley went.

might be needing a head gasket and as far as the ground control its a piece of cake so lopng as you have everything you need. best of luck

might be needing a head gasket and as far as the ground control its a piece of cake so lopng as you have everything you need. best of luck

+ 1 one the suspension work.. its pretty simple... not sure about the head gasket.. might as simple as a valve cover gasket...

You must have a very thorough inspection where you're at. Most states in the U.S. just check basic stuff like lights, blinkers, mirrors, emissions, tint, etc. I'd just make sure all your lights are working and your check engine light isn't on.

You must have a very thorough inspection where you're at. Most states in the U.S. just check basic stuff like lights, blinkers, mirrors, emissions, tint, etc. I'd just make sure all your lights are working and your check engine light isn't on.

Our inspection is super hard to pass to be honest. I hope it is simple work

Ok guys, I appreciate the relief your giving me on the suspension. I'm sure I can do that.

If it is valve cover gasket, is it as simple as ordering a new one, taking off the valve cover, taking out the old gasket, cleaning and installing the new one, then tourquing the cover to spec? Or is there compression involved?

Yes it is that simple. Just be very careful tightening the valve cover bolts as they are prone to stripping. Just get them a little over hand tight.

They won't come loose or anything? I'm starting to order these parts probably next week. So I'll have the car done probably the day I get it all or the day after

use a light coat of rtv (black or gray) on the gasket where it meets the head and around the spark plug tubes. Or it will leak.

A thin layer of Ultra Grey RTV is a very, very good idea. I always use RTV in addition to the gasket.

No it won't come lose. Just be very careful not to over tighten them.

A thin layer of Ultra Grey RTV is a very, very good idea. I always use RTV in addition to the gasket.

No it won't come lose. Just be very careful not to over tighten them.

I'll do that for sure then. Thanks

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That abov is what we need for inspection here. It's not that bad but it can be tricky. I'm trying to figure out what coupling is

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back