1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Inspection in NJ, with 6 bolt swap'd 2g?

Posted by kawboy, Oct 2, 2006

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. kawboy

kawboy Proven Member

Joined Jan 20, 2006
    Toms River, New Jersey
    Would it be any harder to pass inspection in a 2g with a 6 bolt vs a non-swapped 2g?

2. got-psshh

got-psshh Proven Member

Joined Nov 25, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    No, will be the same they are both 4g63. Will put out near same emissions.

3. faracon

faracon Proven Member

Joined Jun 13, 2005
    Newark, Delaware
    You just have to make sure you keep all your emissions. Then you should be fine. It's illegal to back date an engine in a car out here, but the average tech isn't going to check to see if your car has a 6-bolt swap.

Hope that helps.

4. BOOSTJUNKIEGSX

BOOSTJUNKIEGSX Proven Member

Joined Jan 12, 2006
    HILLSBOROUGH, New Jersey
    I took my 97 gsx to plainfield nj to have the car fail so i could get the 45 days and they ended up failing me for H.I.D`s because it eliminated the highbeams and a worn tire..

Mods were-

6 bolt
    FP big 16g
    greddy FMIC
    apexi gt spec DP
    apexi gt spec full exhaust (no cat )
    550cc
    255lph
    lowered 2"

So if everything is done right no...Luckly i had awd so they couldnt do emissions....

145  0

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    · 2G DSM
  5. Spoolio

Spoolio Proven Member

Joined Sep 3, 2003
    Port Charlotte, Florida
    heh, you should go up to the inspection in Fairlawn, NJ.

Not being racist but its employed with mostly black and spanish guys that are into cars, they passed me with a 3" exhuast with no cat or muffler, LOL.

6. crusindregs

crusindregs Proven Member

Joined Oct 19, 2009
    south river, New Jersey
    Hey guys, I have a 99 GST that I can't get through inspection because my monitors are not staying in memory. Since I need 3 of 5 monitors I haven't found anywhere that will pass me. I'm not sure if I need a new ecu but the car is stock. I just need a sticker and don't even care if the VIN matches. Has anyone ever come across this problem or have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate it, Thanks.

442  0

1995 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    12.966 @ 110.490 · 2G DSM
  7. deerhunter0881

deerhunter0881 Proven Member

Joined Jan 7, 2008
    Lake Ariel, Pennsylvania

363  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    manual · 1G DSM