The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Injector sizing help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kspharris

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 9, 2005
Goodlettsville, Tennessee
What size injectors do you guys suggest? I have the mods in my profile plus I am just waiting to install my tubular manifold, external wastegate, Holset HY35, full 3" exhaust and will get dsmchips to do my tune. I want to run a 190 lph so that I do not have to run a afpr. The car still has warranty and I do not want to explain what that "thing" is under my hood. My question is what size injectors do you guys think I should run and how do you think my setup will be affected by running a 190 and not a 255 with a fpr? What boost levels do you think that I will be able to run with the 190? Thanks in advance, Keith. :dsm:

well it looks like that you are still running the stock turbo. the stock 450's should be plenty, but if you want want you could get 550cc injectors. The 190 should also be plenty for fuel pump. I run a 190 lph and a set of 650cc injectors for my Big T28 and I get plenty of fuel.

No you must have missed the Holset HY35 that I will be installing as well. Thanks though, Keith.

I'm not reaching, just asking what you guys think so I can make up my mind. I am almost 100% on the 190 so that I do not have to do the fpr. The 400 range or close would be nice but do not have to be there. Thanks again guys, Keith.

your concern about an AFPR is humorous, if you're putting a bigger, non-stock appearing turbo on the car. :D

Ask Keydiver @ dsmchips what the biggest injector he can comp for (i want to say 950cc).

My preference is to run the biggest injector I can so that I don't have to upgrade or worry about 100%+ injector duty cycles like I did with 550's and the 16g.

Yeah its almost moronic isn't it? ROFL I think the tech guys will notice a shiny red "thing" more than they would the upgraded turbo, at least I hope. I want to go big with the injectors if I can so that it will be there when the warranty runs out and I will not have to buy more. Thanks for the replys guys and keep them coming, Keith. :thumb:

I will assume you are on a budget since you don't want to get an AFPR.

If you're set on a 190lph then you should consider that a larger injector usually costs more and you won't need an injector that provides more than enough fuel for 400whp at the unmodified 43psi of fuel pressure, -since that is about the maximum power possible with the max fuel flow from that pump.

You must also consider that if you go the chip route, probably the best way to fine tune it is with a AFPR and a WBO2. You could use a piggyback like the SAFC along with the WB for fine tuning, but consider the costs of each first.

I am recommending an AFPR, WB, datalogger, 255lph and some 680-750cc injectors.

If you absolutely refuse to get the AFPR, go with 650's and a datalogger. The 190lph will max out before the 650's at 43psi.

Thanks for the answer delta. I actually have a 255 and a aeromotive fpr but was saving those for my summit hatch w/4g63. I could actually use those for my spyder and am not set completly against the fpr. and the 255. I just wanted to keep it kinda simple on this one. Thanks again for all the help and any more answers will be apprieciated. Thanks, Keith.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back