The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

In Need of Quality DSM Tuner Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaysonatticus

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2005
Northglenn, Colorado
Hey all,

I'm in need of a reliable and good DSM tuner shop here in Colorado. I'm in the Littleton area so I'd rather keep it local to Denver, not foco or the springs. I know these shops come and go and i've done the searches but was looking for any shops that are still around. Primarily looking to get some ecm tuning work done.

Mac, Street Concepts, Speed Image, and Import Sports Performance seem to be the shops that keep popping up but I'm not sure if their Mitsubishi knowledge is limited to mainly eve's.

Also looked up a guy named Thomas from Zion Tuning but never heard back from him. I couldn't find much of any info on him.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jayson

What is wrong with tuning it yourself? Do you not know? No friend's that know it?

Any shop is a joke around here. As are a vast majority of shops. I could teach you what you need to know. It is not hard. I use to do a lot of folks with dsmlink and ecmlink. Not so much any more.

If any shop is competent enough it is Import Sports. Sam is very talented. But with hondas. But at least he can be trusted.

Nick at MAC can do it for you, but all in all it will be just above a basic tune. Nothing fancy, but enough to get it done. If you are willing to hand your money over those guys would be my vote.

Hell, if you really want to pay, I can do it and beat their prices by a ton, teach you AND put a better tune on your car.

All you need is tuning right? If i was to take my car to a shop, which i probably never will, i would take it to MAC auto sport in parker. I would take ^ that guy up on that. I also have a buddy that can tune with dsmlink off colfax. Hes good.

I have more bad than good from TOBZ tuning.

But i retract my statement above. If you really want a shop to do it, The Boost Creep is THE MAN to get your car done. Harvey is a fantastic guy, and a super nerdy enthusiast. He will treat your car with respect and take more of a science approach than ANYONE else around. So if you feel you need a shop, Harvey is the man.

Harvey is probably one of the best tuners around. And nick from Mac is a great tuner and a great guy. Sbiggi how could u say nothing impressive ever comes out of mac? Marcus has his 2g there and it makes over 1000whp not to mention both of the landrys get there cars tuned there...correct me if im wrong but i think i just named 3 of the highest horsepower dsm's in the entire state. But if you are running DSM link my buddy is an amazing tuner and i can give u his name his car made well over 600hp and he is the first in a 4g63 to run 12 to 1 compression pistons and at 36 lbs of boost too so he knows his shit

Harvey is probably one of the best tuners around. And nick from Mac is a great tuner and a great guy. Sbiggi how could u say nothing impressive ever comes out of mac? Marcus has his 2g there and it makes over 1000whp not to mention both of the landrys get there cars tuned there...correct me if im wrong but i think i just named 3 of the highest horsepower dsm's in the entire state. But if you are running DSM link my buddy is an amazing tuner and i can give u his name his car made well over 600hp and he is the first in a 4g63 to run 12 to 1 compression pistons and at 36 lbs of boost too so he knows his shit

Dave and Hal tune their own. I dont know who tune Marcus's car, but I bet its not Nick. Most dsm guys making decent power tune it them selves unless they are running AEM.

What DSM is running 600+ whp that MAC employees actually tuned?

No Hal and Nick and Eddie all worked on Hal's car and Nick tunes Marcus's i watched him do it. Nick tuned my good friends talon its on AEM and it was a break in tune and was just shy of 600. But i agree with you in the fact that its always best to tune ## car urself so then u know the ins and outs and that being said i regret going with AEM but i bought it right before v3 came out so I didnt know how amazing it was gonna be it was all just rumors at that point.

But i would love to learn how tune tune AEM i just dont want to run the risk of blowing my motor so if there is anyone here that wants to show me the basics i would love that...wink wink

Dave and Hal tune their own.

+1 I know that Dave and Hal have used the dyno at mac but they tune there cars them selves.
Hal is one of the most knowledgeable people in region when it comes to ECMLINK and is always good at answering any questions.

I would also like to know what DSM made 600whp! < Corrected MAC #s?

There are only a hand full of DSMs that have what it takes to make that power and they are all known very well.

I am the friend j-90dsmtsi is talking about
My car made 586 on a very conservative tune and only 20lbs of boost
I rarely get on forums so thats why not very many people know about me

Haha. Nick may have dabbled once or twice with Marcus' car, but I assure you he did not tune that car. I know marcus and the guy who does his tuning for him.

And both Dave and Hal do their own. Just like most folks in colorado do. And more people with AEM do their own tuning than you know in colorado.

600whp corrected is no big deal at MAC. Now 600 UNCORRECTED is another story. I did just shy of 600 corrected with a stock engine.

If you want help, you can contact me offline. Again, if you feel you need a "shop" to do it, The Boost Creep is the only person that can be trusted.

Yea mac has a high reading dyno so by no means i was bragging about those number just making a conformation.
do u know how to tune aem

The Only person that does his own tuning of AEM that i know is my buddy Jeremy with the red 3000gt btw but maybe i need to get out more but im still learning and im still young

I think I have seen ^ your car at Jack's because it sucked up a bolt or something and bent some valves its flat black with some nice bronze gram light wheels. I also think I saw it at the track right after I saw it at Carz getting tuned I could be wrong.

Yea that was my car the flatblack with gold gram wheels...yea lucas and is a good guy and same with nathan he is awesome the reason why i went to mac is because he squeezed me in last minute but im currently in th process of trying to figure out a few bugs and learn to tune AEM myself and it is a challenge. Also just to verify i talked to Nick this weekend and he is the sole tuner of Marcus's car. Marcus will verify that.

I'd highly recommend Harvey as well. I watched him tune my buddy's wrx and did a wonderful job. He is pretty anal about getting it right. However, last time I checked, he was way up north. If you want to stay local, go up to Carz Performance. Lucas is a great guy. Goodluck:thumb:

If you want some help lmk... If you can make it to foco we can cruise around and get some base tuning down to start. From your mods list your on stock turbo. So you just need to tune for altitude, boost, and the few little bolt ons you have... You drive a 97 so im assuming you are running link.

I would never take my car for tuning to Tobz. I'm always at Trackstar in Northglen and Jon gets Tobz' work on a daily basis. Evos with cracked blocks, bent rods, cracked pistons. Stop by Trackstar for tuning. He is pretty legit. It's small but legit.

Just wondering but what shop does Harvey own and how can I get in touch

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back