The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

in car computer

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

siueclipse

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 11, 2002
Carbondale_Illinois
heheheh i bet maybe two or three

This is my carpc which im currently selling. If you are interested, send me an email to [email protected]. I can make however many i need to. I just wanted to show everyone my install.

Basically, I can play mp3s, datalog, use wideband, divx movies, dvds, i have radio with the carputer, use gps, and wireless internet all via a car pc and a 7" tft touchscreen interface.

1Ghz
256mb ram
60gb hard drive
8x dvd slimline drive
usb radio
fits in my dash with head unit!

there is are pictures and a video at www.tektonicconsulting.com/ices/pics

here are some of the pics, browse the directory above for all of them..

http://www.tektonicconsulting.com/ices/pics/1.jpg
http://www.tektonicconsulting.com/ices/pics/5.jpg
http://www.tektonicconsulting.com/ices/pics/6.jpg

what do you think?

Granted it is true that its a classified

but i think its hella cool and im glad you posted it in here, or else i wouldnt have seen it.

now the debate begins, get valentine one, or save money up.

edit, whats wideband? can you show pics of the data loggin, etc.

what is it, what is it?

now, does the whole computer go indash, or is that a remote indash that includes the dvd rom and inputs?

the gps where do you have to mount it, cause as it stands that yellow box on the side is kinda tacky, if it was mounted next to my sirius antenna would be cool.

are there two audio line outs? one in front one in rear?
video out?

firewire in, two usb, line out, wat was the other?

Originally posted by FiReBReTHa
what is it, what is it?

now, does the whole computer go indash, or is that a remote indash that includes the dvd rom and inputs?

the gps where do you have to mount it, cause as it stands that yellow box on the side is kinda tacky, if it was mounted next to my sirius antenna would be cool.

are there two audio line outs? one in front one in rear?
video out?

firewire in, two usb, line out, wat was the other?

the entire computer is mounted in the dash. i have my gps mounted on front passenger side windshield. it needs sky access. there are only audio inputs and outputs on the back. the ones of the front dont work because the motherboard has no plugs for it. there is vga connection for the touchscreen and there is an rca tv output.

what all do you need for the wireless internet connection to work. do you need some other subsctiption or can you use the connection from your home pc somehow?

im all into car audio. let me ask if this could b done if so i'd be verry intrested.. A. mount the cd player in the armrest or (don't they have somethin to play AM/FM radio on computers) mount the computer under the passenger seat or since i am taking out my back seat mount it there and fiber glass the screen in the douple din opening. i think that would look better and nothin would really be int he way

you can get something to play radio on computers, the new winamp has it built in..

i decided im gonnna make my own pc eventually with these specs.

Processor: 1Ghz C3
RAM: 256MB PC2100 DDR DIMM
Graphics Card: VIA Apollo CLE266
Hard Drive: Western Digital 60 gig
DVDROM: ??
Case: Micro Atx
Software: Windows XP Home Edition

soo far its gonna be

140 for the case
120 for the motherboard, processor, graphics card, and sound card
30 for the memory
and 80 for the HDD
i already have XP so all else i need is the dvd rom and that wont be much

the motherboard im getting has a tv output so i can use the monitor i currently have in my car
not bad for $370+DVDROM

LoL

i keep staring at my dash more and more,

i dont know what to do with the HVAC stuff, and how far i can move those bitches, id have to prob but extensions on them somehow.

bwah...... my head hurts.

must plan more...

You don't want to mount a computer under your seat. You could build up too much heat and run into all sorts of problems. If you are going to run a CPU in your car it needs to be ventilated well.

Chuck, PM me with the plans for that. :)

just for my curiosity.....
where do you get the parts for that, i am big into building pc's and i havent seen any cases as small as that which would fit into the dash.

or is it all premade?

I thought about doing the same thing and building a PC into my car, but it would be easier just to buy a laptop and make a fold up tray instead with data connections in the tray.

irjoshy:

Here you can buy the DIN size cases and the complete carputers:

http://www.cartft.com

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

They are in Germany but sell worldwide.
Say that TUNINGWORLD sends to you and sure your order will have priority :)

Greetings from Spain.
Tony.

Sweet all the money is in foriegn dollars!!! that means all that stuff is like..... (998*2-346.8/4862+6482@!813=2)

2 Dollars!!!!! SWEET!!!

Oh and to the spainish dood who posted that site.... You, Rule.

Sweet all the money is in foriegn dollars!!! that means all that stuff is like..... (998*2-346.8/4862+6482@!813=2)

thats pretty ignorant man, the euro is worth more than the dollar...

1 dollar= .8 euro

1 euro= 1.24 dollars

search on goolge for currency converters or go here....
http://www.oanda.com/convert/classic

wow there killer,

if you even were to look at the math you can see how much a joke it is.

ive been using the converter as well because right now im looking between the two companies and it looks like the foriegn company is better packages, better pricing, and options compared to the one thats closer to home.

but from what it looks like, the dood whose post we hijacked has better prices if i remember right, i have to look over it again, but i think i want this as my next mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back