The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Idle problems after FIAV block off plate install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VergeTSi

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 18, 2006
San Diego, California
I have a 2g gsx with a 1g tb and was having major leaks at the throttle body. I found out the the ISC has a crack in it, so I took it off and put a block off plate. Now its holding boost with no leaks but I'm having wierd idle problems. Cold starts the car dies unless I keep the gas pedal steady for a min, and for some weird reason my cars idle jumps to 3000 rpms in the afternoon, happens for a few minutes and slowly goes away. But it has happened every day since I installed the block off plate, 2 weeks so far. It gets really annoying and likes to attract cops. I did some research before the install that everything would be fine if I adjust the biss correctly and the idle would run off the biss and the tps. I have the TPS set perfectly at .900 resistance and the biss doesnt leak. Any ideas? Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back