1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Idle Issue

Posted by 96WhiteTSi, Sep 24, 2012

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. 96WhiteTSi

96WhiteTSi Proven Member

Joined Mar 6, 2009
    Reno, Nevada
    Hey guys... I have read a few other issues of peoples idle problems.. doesnt seem to match mine

I have a 2g 7 bolt...

I changed out my intake manifold to an evo3 and a 1g tb (turbo i believe)
    Changed the 1g tps to 2g tps.. adjusted TPS and even did it in link

I start my car and idle jumps straight to 5k rpm sits there for a few and then drops to 2.5k and surges to 3k and back to 2.5k

I have no "rear" o2.. I have my MTX-L put in my front o2 housing with narrowband simulated.. MTX-L is wired to be "rear"...

644  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  2. iugrad92turbo

iugrad92turbo Supporting Member

Joined May 22, 2007
    Kalamazoo, Michigan

7K  5

1992 Eagle Talon TSi
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. 96WhiteTSi

96WhiteTSi Proven Member

Joined Mar 6, 2009
    Reno, Nevada
    Yeah I read that.. that doesnt help.. thanks tho

644  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  4. PrimerPLus

PrimerPLus Proven Member

Joined Jul 28, 2011
    Tokyo, Asia
    So you have your wideband in the front o2 sensor position. But you have it wired into the back? So the front o2 sensor is missing? I do not use an MTX-L I have an AEM uego. But it seems to me that youre missing an o2 sensor. The ECU is looking for the one in the front because you have it wired for the rear? I could be way off on this. Did you follow a writeup?

PrimerPLus

Street Build 2K  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    awd · manual · 2G DSM