The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

idle issue.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samus21

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 27, 2012
Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania
My car drops down to around 300rpms when i break and come to a stop. then it will jump back to normal idle around 8-900rpms. what may cause this issue?
I have a 2g rs eclipse none turbo.

Try cleaning the throttle body. Remove your intake hose and spray the throttle body cleaner inside not to much or you will load up the engine. You can also spray on a rag ,hold throttle open and then wipe it clean.

as far as i know is almost always vacuum leaks, i usedc to have a vacuum leak on my jeep and when i hit the gas the leak was even worse making the idle be all crazy? it can also be your throttle body just like LOU98GSX said try all of this and see if it helps.

check ## ISC..i read a thread yesterday about the same issue..search the forum its on here somewhere...but check your idle speed controller (ISC)..from what ive gatherd about it its pretty much like a switch that talks with your ECU. it regulates the airflow thru your throttle body which in turn controls ## idle speed thru the ECU.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back