The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

ECMlink HX35 BEP 22PSI vs E316G 24PSI, same power?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjw205

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 4, 2006
Syracuse, New_York
Just tuning in my new HX35 BEP .55AR setup, comparing it to my old Evo III setup, doesn't seem much different at similair boost. I'm seeing 22PSI by about 4000 RPM, but peak torque shifted back about 500 RPM for some reason. 70-90 times are also about a tenth slower.

Obviously I plan on turning the boost up eventually, just don't want to push the 650's and 190LPH until I get a new pump and put in my 1450's, and change out the spring in the Tial. Just trying to maximize this setup with what I have now, what else can I change in the tune? My AFR's seem to be in line, not sure on the timing, but I am getting some knock at WOT at times, not much in these particular logs though.

I am running 50/50 meth/water also. Was hoping to make some more power than this with my setup. On the Virtual Dyno pic attached, the yellow line is my old setup, and the other 3 lines are my new setup.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks guys

Attachments

• 16G vs HX35.jpg
    16G vs HX35.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 171
  • log.2014.08.11clip1.elg
    19.7 KB · Views: 60
  • log.2014.08.11clip2.elg
    19.8 KB · Views: 59
From what I've seen most hx35's in the Bolton housing don't perform near what the compressor is capable of. The hx40's do ok in the Bolton housing because the turbine is larger.

For that setup to shine you'll have to crank the boost up past 30psi and run e85.

OK, I expected that. I heard that back pressure starts to become an issue at 28-29 PSI with this setup, raising EGT's. And I'm unfortunately limited to 93 octane in my city, no E85 within an hour drive. That's why I am running the methanol setup.

Just wondering if there's anything I can improve on in this tune, or is that about what to expect for that boost level.

Thanks again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back