The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

How to use the POWERBLEEDER

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I bought MachV's SS brake lines, and in the process i decided to give the PowerBleeder a shot. I bought the setup and when received i decided to do it when my buddy was gonna drop my tranny and install my new clutch and fly! Alright, i pull the bleeder tank out and take notice the very nice quality that was put into this thing! all pressure lines were pre-assembled so no leaks ;) the directions are very easy to follow;

POWERBLEEDER

1. you take the power bleeder and attach the supplied J-Hooks through the holes on the cap.

2. to hole the J-Hooks in place use the washers and wing nuts, also supplied

3. now take the rubber gasket and attach it to the reservoir cap cone side down

4. string the chain underneath the reservoir and attach to the j-hooks now tighten down the wing nuts to seal the gasket on the reservoir

5.now you want to do a DRY test by pumping the tank handle to NO MORE THAN 20psi."this is a boost leak test in general LOL" you pump and listen and watch the gauge thats attached to the tank. i went slow and listened as i went and tighten the wing nuts as i went.

6.once the leaks are gone and you can hold 20psi you SLOWLY open the tank cap and release the press.

7. the tank tells you to add up to 2qts of fluid i added 1qts and still had leftovers :)

8.they give you an extra 8" of nylon hose to put on your bleeders for draining the fluid, i used a punch, 1L pop bottle. used the punch to put a hole in the pop cap and fed the hose through only about 1/8" or so just to allow the fluid to drain in. (You want to have your bleeder line below the level of the bleeder bottle fluid so you can see bubbles.)

9. tighten cap good and secure and your ready to get started like a normal brake bleeding procedure

10. crack the bleeder on the brake about 2 turns and take the pump and start pumping i did about 3-5 good pumps per brake i believe BUT every car will be different.

11. when no air is in the line tighten and repeat on the next 3

12. when done slowly release the pressure by CAREFULLY loosening the tank cap

13. then remove the reservoir piece along with the chain
now just put the brake reservoir cap on and your good to go :)

Attachments

• SD530654.jpg
    SD530654.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,501
  • SD530653.jpg
    SD530653.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1,504
  • SD530660.jpg
    SD530660.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,497
  • SD530661.jpg
    SD530661.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,505
  • SD530664.jpg
    SD530664.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,509
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back