The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G How to replace front brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok here we go.

Disclaimer stuff, this is a guide to help you, blah blah, do it at your own risk. Blah blah.
To sum it up, if you f-*bleep* your car, its your fault not mine.

Now on to the serious stuff.

Step 1) Pull the E-brake, and break the lug nuts loose. DO NOT LOOSEN THEM ALL THE WAY. You want to just get them loose. Once you get a lug loose, tighten it by hand and move on to the next one. Once you get all 5 loosened, raise the car and put it on jack stands or (in my case) raise the car up with a lift.

This is what you will see.

Attachments

• FWheel on.JPG
    FWheel on.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,641
Step 2) Ok, now that you got the car properly supported, remove the wheel.

**edit** Internet speed is moving good now, I will try to finish it.

Attachments

• Front Wheel Removed.JPG
    Front Wheel Removed.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 2,628
Now you need to remove the Caliper from the Hub. The Caliper are attached by 2, 17mm bolts on the rear side (facing the engine). Here is the top one (circled in yellow) looking from the inside.

Attachments

• Ftop bolt.JPG
    Ftop bolt.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 2,499
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back