The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

how to remove 1g rear hatch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overboosted1g

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 13, 2010
washington, Michigan
so today i accidentally broke my rear glass in my hatch :banghead: and now i gotta remove my hatch and replace it because it will be cheaper to just replace the whole thing, i know their are only like 4 bolts that hold it on and the 2 hatch shocks but how do i remove the wiring?

Just pull the rubber grommet loose that the wiring runs through and disconnect it at the connector and you'll be good to go.

Care to share the story on how you broke the glass?:tease:

I was at the junkyard today and when i was getting back into my car i threw my hoodie and tool bag in the hatch and my hoodie was sitting on top of my sub box and when i shut the hatch it landed on the sub box and you can guess what happened next the cold glass combined with the corner of the box doesn't end well. I just walked away and couldn't look back at my car for like 15 minutes i was so pissed.

I was at the junkyard today and when i was getting back into my car i threw my hoodie and tool bag in the hatch and my hoodie was sitting on top of my sub box and when i shut the hatch it landed on the sub box and you can guess what happened next the cold glass combined with the corner of the box doesn't end well. I just walked away and couldn't look back at my car for like 15 minutes i was so pissed.

Haha thats funny man. Sorry for your loss.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back