The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Rear hatch seal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coop795

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 5, 2008
Meridian, Idaho
I am in need of replacing my rear hatch seal and need to know what part # someone has used when they ordered it from McMaster-Carr Thank you

no one has had to replace the rear hatch seal?:ohdamn:
I need to replace the seal to goes from the body to the lift up hatch, anyone?

Seals are actually EXTREMELY hard to find for our cars (especially 2g OEM door seals). Your best bet would be to buy a generic seal long enough to do the entire hatch and glue it on while using several clamps to hold it on while it dries.

This is how I did mine. Most autoparts stores sell door seals by the foot. I can't remember because it's been like 3 and a half years now, but I think it was around 4 feet that I needed. It wasn't expensive to buy extra anyway.

Anyway, if you go this route. This is the glue I used 3M Yellow Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive, 08001, 5 fl oz-Shop 3M.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back