The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

rear hatch

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justinhill98gst

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 1, 2007
White bEAR laKE, Minnesota
Long story short last night here in minnesota i open the rear hatch and then when i shuted it the hatch wouldnt close,It's not frozen. any idea's on fixing this? also i tryed pushing the lever down with a screw driver to see if it will lock but it wouldnt it would just shoot back up, ill get pics when i get off of work to show what im talking about.:dsm:

I would replace the complete lock assembly. Or at least pull it out of the car so you can see if there is anything bent or broken in the assembly that would cause the problem you are having.

Open the hatch up, go inside the car and pull the lever to open the hatch (even though your hatch is already open) and see if it will close then.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back