The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

How to fix this wiring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rengar18

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 8, 2009
Lancaster, California
Alright the backstory is i've had this electrical issue with my car for about 2 years. I have voltmeter and I average about 11.8-12.8 voltage at all times daily driving. This is abnormal I know and I believe the issue is with my alternator fuse/fusebox and its wiring. (Although it could more causing it but this damage is the most obvious)

The two screws that hold the alt fuse and surrounding area get very hot randomly and over time blows the fuse out. Fuses last about 2 months before I have to change them (also have to do some other adjusting to get the wires to contact correctly, then i tighten the screws so it stays in place.) I know the fuses is going out once I notice the alternator isn't charging anymore at which point I open the fuse box and find this bimonthly (this is 1 of the bad ones but the rest are fairly similar)

Anyway the question is how EXACTLY do I go about fixing/replacing the wires and contacts and is it even salvagable considering the damage? What size wires should I use and what new contacts are the best to get my system like new? I don't know too much about electrical repair work in general and i want to do this right.

If you guys feel its too much I can take it to a reputable electrical work shop but I feel it wouldn't be necessary. Here's a pic of a fuse and other pics are @ imgur of exactly the damage its caused over the years.
Thanks

imgur: the simple image sharer

Attachments

• IMG_0071.jpg
    IMG_0071.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 47
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back