The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

How effective is a PUSHER radiator fan?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1gDSM4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 28, 2007
San Jose, California
I bought a radiator and the two fan setup from Punishment Racing, but the fan's plastic part on the turbo side gets melted. Is there anything I can do to protect it? If not, how effective is a pusher fan?

I really need another fan because with one fan under normal driving conditions I have no problems with the heat, but if I do stop-and-go driving for like 10-15 mins. it will overheat.

You can do this trick if you overheat some: push in the A/C button on first click then switch on your heater fan to first click. This will get both fans running at all times so you won't overheat in town driving. (that is if your AC is disconnected...)

But, best check your cooling system for low levels, plugged radiator/heater core, et.al. , for overheating isn't normal - I never had a prob with overheating and I do a lot of stop and go driving, esp during this hot summer months.

-DSM

You can do this trick if you overheat some: push in the A/C button on first click then switch on your heater fan to first click. This will get both fans running at all times so you won't overheat in town driving. (that is if your AC is disconnected...)

But, best check your cooling system for low levels, plugged radiator/heater core, et.al. , for overheating isn't normal - I never had a prob with overheating and I do a lot of stop and go driving, esp during this hot summer months.

-DSM

Don't have a A/C, although the A/C switch is setup to turn on the fans and it's always turned on and I always have the heater, but it doesn't help.

Radiator and fans are new, thermometer is new, have enough coolant, etc... Simply put I have difficult times controlling the heat because it's a built motor running high boost along with the FMIC blocking the radiator.

Again, how effective is a pusher on the turbo side fan and shrouds?

I run 2 spal 1800cfm pushers. I got lots of room in front of the radiator. I have them wired to come on when they are supposed to using the radiator fan switch, just like stock. My car runs cold on a hot day because of them.

If you use weak fans, they wont work. Do you know the cfm rating of the rans you bought? Take autozone fans for example. I think their best fan does 650cfm. That doesnt work on my car. I will still over heat.

I doing this on a fluidyne radiator as well.

One fan is slightly smaller then the other on my setup. The big fan is so big, I cant run 2 identical ones.

I want to say one is a 14" and the other a 10"or 12". Ive had them for 4 years and I dont remember exactly.

The "shrouds" are so thick, there is no way i could fit 2 large fans. I know one is 1600cfm, and I want to say the other is 1200 or 1400cfm. You can really hear them go.

2 800cfm fans should work pretty well.

I have dsm link turn on the fans if it reaches a warm temperature. I forgot about that little detail.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back